• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Alpineracer8

Carpet door sill cardboard pieces

Hey, guys: I've run into an interesting situation with my Tiger Mk1A. I've just discovered that there are supposed to be some kind of cardboard door sill pieces that glue onto the sills somehow to help smooth out the carpet (I guess). I've messed with Sunbeams for years now and have never...
  2. Alpineracer8

Map light needed

Hey, guys: While rewiring and cleaning up the interior of my Tiger Mk1A, I discovered that I am missing my map light. Evidently, the previous owner decided the car was better without one (?). Whatever...anyway, I am needing one that is in good shape. Per the factory parts manual, the...
  3. Alpineracer8

Heater hose clip and hose clamps

Hey, guys: This may be a long shot, and then again it may not. I'm looking for the last little bits to finish off the under-hood restoration of my Tiger Mk1A and I thought I'd try the Alpine forum. I'm looking for what the parts book calls a "Clip - Hose to bulkhead", part #9179064. I've...
  4. Alpineracer8

Washers needed

Hey, guys: Does anyone out there have a couple of what the parts book calls "D.C." washers (double-coil)? Specifically, I'm looking for the D.C. washer that goes on the hood prop where it hooks to its swivel point on the car (I think this one is 5/16" in I.D.). Also, isn't there one of...
  5. Alpineracer8

Need a few bits

Hey, all: I'm in the process of straightening up the engine compartment on my car and I'm in need of a few pieces that the previous owner decided he did not need at some point or another. They are as follows: Wire loom clip (attach to inner fender - I only have one - I need three more -...
  6. Alpineracer8

Sunbeam fastback

Found this in the Tulsa Craigslist - I have no connection to the seller...just passing it on: http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/4506965563.html
  7. Alpineracer8

Part needed

Hey, guys: Well, I've officially painted myself into a corner and I need some assistance getting out. I am performing a complete mechanical restoration on my Tiger Mk1A back to stock specs and that last part I need in the engine phase of my project is the banjo fitting (both pieces, top and...
  8. Alpineracer8

Wheel trim rings

Guys: I didn't know where to put this thread but here goes. I've got a set of four, brand-new-in-the-Rootes-package slotted wheel trim rings, with all four packages carrying the part #1215288. I bought them for my Tiger as they are the slotted style, which my Mk1A should have had from the...
  9. Alpineracer8

Series III for sale

Hey, everyone: A buddy of mine ran across the link below: http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ctd/3300579320.html He went out to look at the car and it appears to be a Series III GT. Judging by pics I've seen that he took and by what I'm seeing on the car, it appears to have a Series V...
  10. Alpineracer8

Bond car article on MSN.com

I just logged on to MSN.com to check the headlines for today and found an article entitled, "Best Bond Cars." http://editorial.autos.msn.com/best-bond-cars?icid=autos_3561 So, I started perusing the pics, just waiting for the Series II Alpine to come up for "Dr. No." Unfortunately, it...
  11. Alpineracer8

Two great articles

Hey, all: Since there are so many fans of the Sunbeam Tiger on this website, I thought I'd pass along a heads-up to two articles that are in the most recent issues of both Hemmings Sports & Exotic magazine and Vintage Racecar magazine. Both articles concern the Sports Car Forum race cars...
  12. Alpineracer8

To whom it may concern...

Thank you for removing the latest installment of insults and name-calling from the "Alpine Cars and Parts For Sale" forum. This is a place where Sunbeam enthusiasts can congregate to share ideas and experiences, as well as swap, sell or trade parts. I, for one, hate wasting my time reading a...
  13. Alpineracer8

Austrailian floods and Sunbeams

Has anybody heard from our Austrailian brothers with regard to the flooding that is occuring down there? I just hope everyone and their Sunbeam is okay. :(
  14. Alpineracer8

Car covers

Hey, guys: Please forgive me if I've got the wrong forum here, but I want to ask a question about car covers. I've got, and have had for many, many years, a cotton car cover for my Tiger. It's just a plain light blue cotton cover that I use exclusively for inside my shop just to keep the...
  15. Alpineracer8

Race car is heads west...

Hey, everybody: I just thought I'd let everyone know that my Series I vintage racer, white & blue #8, has been sold and was picked up by it's new caretaker last Thursday evening, Sept. 9. It has made it to it's new home, which in the Petaluma, CA area. So, to you folks on the west coast...
  16. Alpineracer8

Series I race car for sale

There's a really nice black Series I currently on Ebay that has been converted over to vintage racing specs. The guy wants an absolute mint for it, and if this is the car I think it is, he's probably just trying to get his money back. I'll bet everyone a dollar to a doughnut that this is the...
  17. Alpineracer8

Alpine vintage race car for sale or trade

Hey, guys: Well, it's been fun while it lasted but it's time for me to part with my vintage racing Alpine Series I. I had to sell my truck and trailer to finance a construction project at my house and it’s going to be a good long while before I can afford to buy another one. In the...
  18. Alpineracer8

Ebay Series V

Hey, all: Has anyone seen the red Series V that is currently listed on Ebay? It doesn't look like a terrible car or anything, but it does have some rather glaring inconsitencies about it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180503826495&_trksid=p2759.l1259...
  19. Alpineracer8

Tiger for sale

Hey, everyone: A buddy of mine has an early Mk1A Tiger for sale in the OKC area. The car is color code 86 Forest Green and it has a factory hardtop. He's got a price tag of $14,500.00 on the car and it has been recently TAC'd. Other than him being a friend of mine, I have no connection to...
  20. Alpineracer8

Husky for sale

Hey, guys: Scroll down and check out the ad I placed in "Rootes Vehicles" for a '59 Husky Series I. Thanks,