• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series III for sale

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Hey, everyone:

A buddy of mine ran across the link below:

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ctd/3300579320.html

He went out to look at the car and it appears to be a Series III GT. Judging by pics I've seen that he took and by what I'm seeing on the car, it appears to have a Series V motor in it. It's also had the lower part of the radiator opening cut off of it, as well as it's had the front valance panel removed (the radiator opening piece is still with the car, however). According to the VIN tag, it's a GT with sealed beam headlights, and is color code 68, Autumn Gold Metallic. The story that my friend was told was that the car was being restored by a guy and he passed away before he was finished with the car. My buddy was successful in talking the owner out of his hardtop, so it is no longer with the car. The last I heard was that the owner was asking $2K for the car, but that was before he sold the hardtop to my friend. That's all I know and I have no affiliation with the seller. Let me know if anyone needs pics; I can probably get a set for you.

Take care,

kansasiv

Donation Time
series 3

Hi Andy, I was planning to look at the car but I would rather see the pictures before i drive 4 hours. I also saw the hard top in the picture, if that is gone the car value has dropped in half. my e mail is loganrick@hotmail.com. thanks rick. i also noticed it had a series 4 or later bumper and a sun tach.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hmm. It says it has 'two tops'... now as a GT it wouldn't have a soft top, so that must mean it had two hard tops??

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Hey, guys:

The pics I have are on my computer at the office. I'll have to send them out to any interested parties tomorrow.

As for the confusion on the tops, the car did have the factory hardtop on it but it got bought by my buddy for his car. The seller has a convertible top and frame for it but apparently doesn't have a clue that the car is a GT and, therefore, came with no provisions for a convertible top (he's evidently not a Sunbeam guy). The car is still in it's GT trim...it has not been converted to use a convertible top.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Andy,

I would love to see the pictures of this car. Can you email them to "alpine1963 at aol.com"

Cheers,