• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wheel trim rings

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Guys:

I didn't know where to put this thread but here goes. I've got a set of four, brand-new-in-the-Rootes-package slotted wheel trim rings, with all four packages carrying the part #1215288. I bought them for my Tiger as they are the slotted style, which my Mk1A should have had from the factory. However, I have been told by some in the Tiger world that, according to the Rootes Tiger Parts manual (a copy of which I do not have), the correct part # for the Tiger slotted wheel trim rings should be 1206741. This part # is also supposedly the same for the slotted trim rings used on the corresponding years of the Alpine. Tonight I attempted to fit one of my rings to one of my stock steel wheels and it seems to fit just fine.

Could it be that the trim rings I have (#1215288) replaced the ones that the book calls for (1206741)? Or, do I have trim rings that were intended to be for another Rootes vehicle? Can any of you knowledgeable parts guys out there enlighten me? As usual, I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,