• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Austrailian floods and Sunbeams

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Has anybody heard from our Austrailian brothers with regard to the flooding that is occuring down there? I just hope everyone and their Sunbeam is okay.
:(

alpine_64

Donation Time
Andy,

I havent heard from the people up north, but hopefully they are all on high ground. I know there are quite a few alpines/tiger in the suburban brisbane area and that is now getting quite damp.. i'd say rest assured that like all good sunbeamers.. they get the car out of danger first!

mattinoz

Donation Time
Andy,

I havent heard from the people up north, but hopefully they are all on high ground. I know there are quite a few alpines/tiger in the suburban brisbane area and that is now getting quite damp.. i'd say rest assured that like all good sunbeamers.. they get the car out of danger first!

While here in Central Vic it's been raining for weeks, our situation is nothing like what's happening in the North, however local flooding is occuring in parts as can been seen from the photo I took last night heading to my wife parents farm which is on the Loddon river west of Bendigo. Water was across this 30k road in about a dozens places. This was the deepest spot being about a foot deep . BTW my Alpine is safely tucked up in the garage in Bendigo.

UPDATE: 1100hrs AEDST. A major flood warning has just been issued for the Loddon River.