• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Race car is heads west...

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Hey, everybody:

I just thought I'd let everyone know that my Series I vintage racer, white & blue #8, has been sold and was picked up by it's new caretaker last Thursday evening, Sept. 9. It has made it to it's new home, which in the Petaluma, CA area. So, to you folks on the west coast, please keep on the lookout for it at some of the events out there!!!!

Thanks to Steve Silverstein for helping me move the car. Kudos, Steve!!!!

Take care,

atallamcs

Donation Time
race car

Hi Andy,
You must be sorry to see it go. Please put me in contact with the local racer so we might compare notes.
Bill Atalla

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
That's great news Andy. I will be interested in hearing about event/races from the new owner.

Steve

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Holy cow, guys! I just re-read my title line on my original post and realized that it makes no sense!!!! It should read "Race car heads west.." I guess I was a little distracted when I wrote that!

The new owner is a fellow named Sam Cohen. All I know about him is that he lives somewhere in the Petaluma area and owns an energy consulting firm in Oakland. Strangely enough, I never had any direct contact with Mr. Cohen; he had several of his employees handling the purchase and pick-up of the car. The guy who came out to pick it up (Daniel), however, was very interested in the car and made some very nice comments. I even got a call from him several days after he left our house. He had evidently had it out on the roads around his house and wanted to call me to say that I had done an excellent job putting the car together. Well, that pretty well made my day!

Bill, I will pass along your contact info (if that's okay) as well as the SAOCA site info to Daniel for Mr. Cohen. Maybe you guys could meet one of these days and race together!!!

Take care,

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
So Sad!

:( No more race Alpine, I will keep my eyes and contacts out for a rusty shell so you can built another one, ;) Like we have so many here in Oklahoma, NOT!

I have no reason to make it out to Hallett October 1st -3rd for the Corinthian Vintage Cars, no sunbeams racing now, bummer! But I still love the those old cars just have to cheer on a MG!

Donna
:D