• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Alpine66

Seat

Installed miata seats so have a seat that came with my 66 V, I assume it's original. For its age still comfortable to sit in but will need foam and upholstery Have a second track that's included as well. Local preferred but will ship on your dime. Can take more pics if needed...
  2. Alpine66

I'm so ashamed....

Haven't turned a wrench on Jeeves in a long time, even though there's plenty to do. I did take him out for a spin the other day with the top down, and the usual gawks and stares followed him as he went on his merry way, enjoying his time on the road and out of the garage. His big...
  3. Alpine66

Ebay Alpine

One for sale, don't know if they are a member here http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Sunbeam-Alpine-/272583998299?hash=item3f7745bb5b:g:Sw8AAOSwfVpYwaGA&vxp=mtr
  4. Alpine66

Top well liner?

I was looking around at a couple of illustrations on parts suppliers sites but can't tell if my V had a liner for the convertible top well. Is there a liner available for these?
  5. Alpine66

eBay 66 Alpine auction

Nice looking car, auction is almost over and it's near $7400 Member here? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Sunbeam-2-door-roadster-/172535482881?forcerrptr=true&hash=item282bea8a01:g:sDEAAOSwax5Yplxv&item=172535482881
  6. Alpine66

replaced my fuel cell

Had a temporary plastic fuel cell in the trunk of my V, and was going to address it later down the list of things to accomplish, until the in tank fuel pump quit pumping. So rather than replace the pump and then have to replace it all later anyway I decided to just replace the tank and set up...
  7. Alpine66

Looks like good project

In Raleigh NC https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5980534052.html
  8. Alpine66

My version of a V6 Motor Mount

So I decided to redo my motor mounts because I just wasnt happy with my original design. This is the drivers side, lot of time but its worth it.
  9. Alpine66

Your Opinion??

I pulled my original fabricated motor mounts on my Chevy v6, and am currently looking at different ways to utilize the existing pad on the k member. I think I can do it with a Lot of finagling and possibly be happy with the results. Or... I could drop the k member and remove the existing...
  10. Alpine66

British Car Show

Wish I could go to old town Norcross today, but have to work. Who all is going? Iirc bunch of tigers showing up too. Please take and post pics!
  11. Alpine66

My drive vid

Went for a spin a while back to test my newly fabricated elbow connector for the lower radiator to engine hose. It works great so far, and got rid of a major headache in using the Chev 60degree engine. Have a look https://youtu.be/-FcGj4Bb3j4
  12. Alpine66

Windshield wedges

Anyone have a pic and dimensions of these? Mine were missing and I want to make some, or buy if someone has a good price.
  13. Alpine66

Atlanta Brit Car Day 2016

Its Sunday May 15th at the Roswell city hall. Costs $25 to enter your car to be in the show, free admission to gawkers and droolers, miscreants have to pay. Part of a larger motorcar fest so Im interested in how that affects the Brit show. Link...
  14. Alpine66

Axle ratio?

Is it safe to assume the ratio on my 66v is 4.10 ish? I don't know if it had overdrive as it was a basket case when I bought it. No engine trans od. Thanks
  15. Alpine66

V axle seals?

At some point in the near future, I'm going to open my diff and take a look. Iirc I'm going to have to pull the axles out a bit if I need to remove the differential. As long as I'm doing that I might as well replace the seals, but so far I haven't seen any listed for sale by the usual...
  16. Alpine66

What is it called

And where can I find the upholstery behind the seats for my V? From pics I've looked at, appears to wrap around from the doors and along the back. Also the well liner for the convert top? Thanks
  17. Alpine66

Window channel problem

I bought liners for my V windows and found that the liners are much too wide for the channel. I'm referring to the vertical one toward the latch end of the door. Front vertical channel also appears to be narrow as well. Possible I have a different year in this ?
  18. Alpine66

My other project

Dont know if this pic will load, but this is my other project. 71 cougar xr7 convert.
  19. Alpine66

Caster shim V pic?

Anyone have a pic of what these look like? Dimensions would be good too. I may need a set.. Thanks
  20. Alpine66

Replaced my top

Finally got the top for my V after a months wait, and got started on replacing it. Ive never installed a top and my basket case had no old top to see how it was previously installed. Worse, No instructions came with the new top, nor were there any on the website. I never let a lack of...