• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Window channel problem

Alpine66

Donation Time
I bought liners for my V windows and found that the liners are much too wide for the channel.
I'm referring to the vertical one toward the latch end of the door.
Front vertical channel also appears to be narrow as well.

Possible I have a different year in this ?

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Just finished putting in a set on a Series III; bought them from SS a few years ago.
The original channel was one long piece, top to bottom, but the replacements were cut into two. They were a little wide bit I think that is necessary to keep the replacement snug in the track. At any rate , I was not happy w/ the 2 piece but it seems to be working OK. My guess is the replacements were cut for ease of shipping.
I used a wide punch to tap the channel into the track. All appears to be OK.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
James, The channels have rivets that must be removed that allows the removal of the metal strip that holds the fabric in place. Check to see if you still have the piece of metal in side of the track?

DanR

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Are we all talking about the same thing? On my SV, the rear channel was just a piece of fabric inside the channel. Only the front channel had a formed piece.