• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ebay Alpine

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Inclusion in REGISTRY ?

James, These sells and other type listings might be a great way to gleam the VIIN's for our Registry....

The Seller says this car has: B395004071LRX

DanR

Alpine66

Donation Time
James, These sells and other type listings might be a great way to gleam the VIIN's for our Registry....

The Seller says this car has: B395004071LRX

DanR

That's why they pay you the big bucks Dan. I'll contact the seller, see if he'll put me in touch with the new owner, or their info if it doesn't sell.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Engine compartment is a hodge-podge of early and late production ancillaries but I would agree that the block is most likely a 1592CC. Can't see the oil dipstick.

Decent body? Not so sure! The Series V had body seams where the rocker meets the front fender and rear dog leg. All are missing so my bet is that the rockers and/or seams are full of bondo. Door fitment don't look good so I would think that the recent respray hides a multitude of sins.

On the other hand, the car has the correct clock and what appears to be an unbroken horn ring. Wow to both!

Mark ..... v

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, Looks like an earlier engine, radiator, Generator, Mechanical tach. Dashboard pics seem to be taken with engine running, shows rpm at around 1000 and oil pressure near 40 psi, and ammeter reading neg. Might be due to sticky gauges?? Ammeter may read neg while charging if car was converted to pos earth when generator (vs alt) was installed , but ammeter terminals not swapped. Photo of battery compartment shows no battery, but may have been taken at a different time.

Lots of questions.

Tom

Alpine66

Donation Time
It's up to $4700, with 36 bids. Lot of interest.

I asked the seller about the engine, he wasn't sure.

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I sent him, via e-bay, a question about the engine #, and to see if the dipstick went into the block or the pan. I got no answer, except he now does indicate in his listing that it may be an older engine. Seems he may not WANT to know.

Tom

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Photos are with item description on an android. Thought I was going to see rubber floor mats. Collective wisdom here is priceless.