• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

My drive vid

Alpine66

Donation Time
Went for a spin a while back to test my newly fabricated
elbow connector for the lower radiator to engine hose.

It works great so far, and got rid of a major headache in using the Chev 60degree engine.

Have a look

https://youtu.be/-FcGj4Bb3j4

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sounds nice :D

Hope you are doing well,

DanR

P.S. How about sending some PIC's of your car and the process in installing the V6 Chevy? You have my E-mail.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
James,

Nice video! Looks like you were driving East on GA Hwy 92 toward Woodstock.

Sent you an e-mail.

Last edited:

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Nice video. Would like to see more about the conversion.

FYI-did you see the guy in the Audi headed the other way snap his head around and say "Wtf was that?"

Alpine66

Donation Time
Sounds nice :D

Hope you are doing well,

DanR

P.S. How about sending some PIC's of your car and the process in installing the V6 Chevy? You have my E-mail.

My laptop crashed a couple years back and some idiot didn't have his files backed up.... But I'll see what I can find Dan.

Alpine66

Donation Time
Nice video. Would like to see more about the conversion.

FYI-did you see the guy in the Audi headed the other way snap his head around and say "Wtf was that?"

Hahahaha at the Audi driver, I had not noticed, icing on the cake!

I'll dig up what I can Nick on the conversion.

It is a very quick car and barks the tires in the first 3 gears, I'm afraid to really hammer it as I haven't gone through the rear axle.

I like fuel injection over carbs, so someone could cut back wiring and plumbing headaches going with a carb.

I'm not happy with my motor mounts or exhaust manifolds and will do something different, but they work so I'll leave them be for the time being.
I'll also move the eng/trans back another inch or so when redoing the mounts.