• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Top well liner?

Alpine66

Donation Time
I was looking around at a couple of illustrations on parts suppliers sites but can't tell if my V had a liner for the convertible top well.

Is there a liner available for these?

65beam

Donation Time
Liner

The only thing that closes off the area is the vinyl piece between the trunk and the top well. There is no liner in the top stowage area.

Attachments

• 100_0553.jpg
    100_0553.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 45

Alpine66

Donation Time
Thanks for the info and pic.
Is there something like a trim piece that goes over the sheet metal that divides the passenger area from the well?
My car was a basket case, requires some digging and head scratching at times.

I may have missed both of these when looking before but do you know which supplier carries them?

65beam

Donation Time
Liner

Are you talking about this area behind the seats? The piece between the trunk and top well has a metal strip that sets in a pocket and is riveted to the body at the top. The bottom of the piece has a vinyl c channel sewn to it that sets over the flange running between the fender wells and also has snaps on the fender wells. You can see the rivets above the spare tire.

Attachments

• 100_0571.jpg
    100_0571.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
OK, this brings up a point with me that I'm unclear about. As shown in the attached, the bottom of the curtain has a formed rubber edge on the bottom. It appears that it would fit around the spare. I'm not sure if it goes in the rear as you're showing or the front? What's correct and if in the rear, what's the formed rubber for?

Thanks, Jim

Attachments

• Trunk 2 - Copy.JPG
    Trunk 2 - Copy.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 43

65beam

Donation Time
liner

If you look at the photo of my car you'll see the panel is behind the spare . Pull your piece up and look at the body where the rubber covers are for the holes that give access to the top mounts of the shocks. At the front of this body panel you'll see a flange. This is the flange that the rubber channel pushes onto. The top is riveted and the bottom is only secured by pushing over this flange but on the wheel wells there should be snaps to snap down the sides of the panel. It does not cover the tire like you have it. This is all that separates the trunk area from the interior of the car.

Last edited:

Alpine66

Donation Time
Are you talking about this area behind the seats? The piece between the trunk and top well has a metal strip that sets in a pocket and is riveted to the body at the top. The bottom of the piece has a vinyl c channel sewn to it that sets over the flange running between the fender wells and also has snaps on the fender wells. You can see the rivets above the spare tire.

Yes behind the seats. Wow that's good work. Thanks for the info.
Is that available, along with the other piece?

RootesRooter

Donation Time
There's no liner in the well, but sound insulation can be added. With the top erected, the vinyl curtain and the folded up boot cover do a poor job of keeping road noise from reverberating into the cabin from the trunk.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor

Is the metal strip at the top for riveting the trunk curtain a single piece (full length) or two pieces (each half the length)? My "strip" is currently two halves.

Thanks,
Mike

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Mike ... My metal strip was in "two" equal lengths and the curtain in one continuous length. Not sure if that's stock or not.

.... David