• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

My version of a V6 Motor Mount

Alpine66

Donation Time
So I decided to redo my motor mounts because I just wasnt happy with my original design.

This is the drivers side, lot of time but its worth it.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 51

Alpine66

Donation Time
Installed, now making a steering shaft support bracket

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 35

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
V6 Engine Mounts...?

It is a Chevy engine V6, Correct?

I have a '90 Camaro 2.8 w/auto OD complete with all the extra stuff just-a-sittin.... Though of put'n in the '63 P180 Volvo Coupe.

Too much on my plate at present.

Merry Christmas,

Alpine66

Donation Time
It is a Chevy engine V6, Correct?

I have a '90 Camaro 2.8 w/auto OD complete with all the extra stuff just-a-sittin.... Though of put'n in the '63 P180 Volvo Coupe.

Too much on my plate at present.

Merry Christmas,

Yes Dan it is, one of the 60 degree blocks. Good selection for this car as it has torque and plenty of hp to move the old girl along quite quickly. Im using the fuel injection, carb experience may be less but I doubt it would make much difference.

I had to look up the P180, thats a good looking car, dont know that Ive ever seen one.
Did not get an engine bay pic, do you have enough room?
Youre welcome to use my motor mount bolt hole templates if you dont still have the plates on hand.
Merry Christmas!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
One nice thing about engineering your own Alpine engine swap - there is always room for improvement. Driven mostly by the fact there is no room for anything.

Bill

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Will that be strong enough? Why not cut out the stock mounts and have more room, that's what I did and it really helps.
RIMG0030-L.jpg

Alpine66

Donation Time
One nice thing about engineering your own Alpine engine swap - there is always room for improvement. Driven mostly by the fact there is no room for anything.

Bill

Hahahaha, true words my friend! And things Have to be done in a certain order or it aint happenin

Alpine66

Donation Time
Will that be strong enough? Why not cut out the stock mounts and have more room, that's what I did and it really helps.
RIMG0030-L.jpg

I like that clean look! but Im giving this a shot first, I'll give it a few runs, progressing in power applied. If the pass side goes in well, and it performs, Im done.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Room

Bill

Bill,

Not sure about that we put a 302 in the Orange Car and had plenty of room.
by the way the last Tiger we bought from the guy in Ma. had an Alpine with a V6 Chevy, and some one told me they measured the 4.0 ford and it would fit?????????????

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill,

Not sure about that we put a 302 in the Orange Car and had plenty of room.
by the way the last Tiger we bought from the guy in Ma. had an Alpine with a V6 Chevy, and some one told me they measured the 4.0 ford and it would fit?????????????

Really? A 302 installed in an Alpine with no mods to the Alpine? Unbelieveable.

As to the 4.0, measuring and installing are two different things. Let me know when they get it installed.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Measuring with a yard stick...

Cut with a blow torch...
Stop by and take a look at an Engine ('93/94 4.0 V6 OHV) sitting nicely in a '65 SIV without any torchwork.

Bolted to a T5 with fitted custom straightback headers I designed.

And they said it could not be done;)

Well, of course there is always the fuel system to be an obstacle.

Lots of suggestions and idea yet to be tried.

Stay tuned,

Attachments

• 20160521_194807 (640x480) (300x225).jpg
    20160521_194807 (640x480) (300x225).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20161014_100825 (300x225) (290x218).jpg
    20161014_100825 (300x225) (290x218).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20161014_100623 (300x225).jpg
    20161014_100623 (300x225).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 60

Alpine66

Donation Time
Cut with a blow torch...
Stop by and take a look at an Engine ('93/94 4.0 V6 OHV) sitting nicely in a '65 SIV without any torchwork.

Bolted to a T5 with fitted custom straightback headers I designed.

And they said it could not be done;)

Well, of course there is always the fuel system to be an obstacle.

Lots of suggestions and idea yet to be tried.

Stay tuned,
Like those headers Dan!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
My Machine Guy says He can "fix" it for Injection. We'll see;)

DanR

What in the world is he talking about? The stock engine is "fixed" for injection. I often remember a taped lecture in which the speaker talked about the fact we never know what the other fellow knows. So often we assume the other fellow knows what he is talking about and he does not. I would make sure that is not the case. Just what sort of setup is he talking about?

RED FLAG WARNING

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Building/modifying an intake manifold, perhaps to accommodate Mega squirt or something similar.

He has made intakes for some custom Race engines they build.

I have an extra top from an Ofy 4bbl that might come in handy if I go the carb route. Leaning toward the Fuel injection as 1st choice.

DanR

I think ths need to be in the Modified 4.0 V6 threads ?

Last edited:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Building/modifying an intake manifold, perhaps to accommodate Mega squirt or something similar.

He has made intakes for some custom Race engines they build.

I have an extra top from an Ofy 4bbl that might come in handy if I go the carb route. Leaning toward the Fuel injection as 1st choice.

DanR

I think ths need to be in the Modified 4.0 V6 threads ?

It probably should be moved.
In the meantime, have you looked at using a stock intake? In my lowly opinion, Ford spent big bucks developing that intake and it is unlikely he will be able to fabricate anything that will, overall, be as good as the Ford unit. I know of the intakes that I made, the closer they were to the stock configuration, the better they performed.

Bill

Alpine66

Donation Time
OK have the passenger side done, which surprised me because it was harder to do. Cant tell how many times I test fitted and changed to get it right.

The first pic shows the different angles needed on the crossmember bracket, and the other show the view from underneath.
It is quite possible one of these was taken just after or just before a nap under the car, Im not admitting anything.....

Took it out for a spin and they did well, then I spun the tires in dry grass to see how well they held up. Looking good. Further testing soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20170110_121822 - alpine.jpg
    IMG_20170110_121822 - alpine.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20170110_140735 - alpine.jpg
    IMG_20170110_140735 - alpine.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20170110_140653 - alpine.jpg
    IMG_20170110_140653 - alpine.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: