• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

They tell me no question is a dumb question!

Front Nut on crankshaft, Righty Tighty or Righty Loosey? Most nuts on a rotating shaft Tighten in the direction of shaft rotation, But with the 1725 genetics I figure anything goes. Sorry to all our British friends. Paul K
  2. P

SV Interior from SS Installation

First let me introduce myself with some background information. My 67 SV was purchased by me in approximately 1989, yep that was eons ago. The car had been owned by a guy in Minneapolis MN and later was moved to Kansas, therefore was a salt victim. The interior was also a victim of neglect and...
  3. P

SV rear brake cylinder installation tips? Manual adjustment.

I am having a difficult time installing new rear brake cylinders on my SV and wondering what the secret is. It appears that I can place the horse shoe clip on the retainer spring and place this over the inboard portion of the cylinder where it goes through the plate, fighting the lower clip to...
  4. P

Oil Pressure Gage line hookup to engine?

Trying to reconnect the oil pressure line to the engine and found I have a female fitting in the engine and a female fitting on the pressure line. What is the proper fittings for this? Thanks Paul
  5. P

Fuel and engine water temp gage voltage regulator?

So many last minute details, Where does the voltage regulator for the temp and fuel gage mount ? Thanks again Paul K
  6. P

Coil wiring ?

Today I finally got electric power back on my SV, Wahoo, most essential items work but did not try everything. My question for the day is on the ign coil wiring, the wiring diagram shows one wire to the input + side of the coil and one out to the dist - side of coil. My car came to me with a...
  7. P

Choke cable housing attachment at front 150CD

Does anyone have a good pic of the choke cable housing clamp on the front 150 CD Stromburg. Thanks Paul
  8. P

Original paint color behind grill?

What was the original color on the area between the grill and the radiator? It has been suggested that from the factory they were all painted black in this area. I have scowered the photo section and have seen some painted black and some body color. My car I a not going to be absolutely factory...
  9. P

Proper Bonnet Release Cable Connector

After so much time my remember has failed, Is this the proper Bonnet release cable connector? Thanks Paul
  10. P

Just some fun cleaning my Carburetors

I was cleaning up my carburetors prior to putting in new seal kits in them and decided to video some of the rough cleaning. Click the link for the YouTube video. http://youtu.be/8HSG-I2-TEM Enjoy Paul
  11. P

SV Fuel Pump internal question

Any one out there have any working knowledge of the fuel pump on the SV? I recently purchased a repair kit from Rick at SS and dismantled my pump. One item that looks bad in my pump other that the seals and diaphragm is the diaphragm shaft seal. see below, [/URL][/IMG] This seal is very...
  12. P

SV radiator ?

Opening the box that my SV radiator was in during its long hibernation and saw where something had pierced the box. Pulled out the radiator and sure enough what ever it was got 3 of the tubes on the first row of cooling tubes. Also found a spot where corrosion was active and when I touched it...
  13. P

Heater core install?

What is best used to cushion/seal the ends of the heater core when installing? Original had strips of heavy felt loosely glued to the edges, rear, top and bottom. Thanks Paul
  14. P

Instrument Panel mount screws

Does anyone have a close up photo of the screw heads that are used to mount the instrument panel? Thanks Paul
  15. P

Attaching thumbnails vs Photos

How do we place thumbnail links instead of actual photos. Thanks Paul
  16. P

Dash pad and windshield to body seal

Installing windshield and frame with new frame to body seal. Does the dash pad need to be trimmed at the front, the frame does not set low enough on the body to seal very good at the front lower lip of the seal. I have made sure that the bulb at the back of the seal in up behind the frame...
  17. P

Clutch and pressure plate

I am nearing time to put my engine and transmission back in my S V and wondering where is the best place to get my pressure plate and clutch disc overhauled or exchanged. I am in the central Texas area.
  18. P

Drain hose ?

1. Where does the drain hose that connects to the shelf just under the soft top hinge at the B post, terminate? 2. On a series V that has two license plate lights on the bumper, what goes in these holes? New dash pad going on. Series V
  19. P

Front cross member shims

For all you guys out there with a better rememberer, then I, what is the proper orientation for the front crossmember shams does the sick part go after or forward currently I have mine with the sick part of better remember, then I, what is the proper orientation for the front crossmember shams...
  20. P

Holy Cow, 18 years finally

It has been a long time sense I have been on this forum, I have late Series V that I purchased 18 years ago, started the rebuild and it is finally coming together. Last Saturday was finally time to paint it.. Now all the trim and parts are coming together. More later :)