• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dash pad and windshield to body seal

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Installing windshield and frame with new frame to body seal.

Does the dash pad need to be trimmed at the front, the frame does not set low enough on the body to seal very good at the front lower lip of the seal.
I have made sure that the bulb at the back of the seal in up behind the frame but still leaves a gap in front.

d5f5f267-c6a2-4d12-8a21-5381bdf81b11.jpg

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
I keep answering my own questions, working in my 99 deg shop is not helping. A little time in the cool house helps.
I was bit by the dreaded Bulb seal, it was not back far enough. I have lubed it again with a little Wendex and it is going in place now.
Looks much better.

Thanks for reading my wows.
Paul

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
There's too much foam in the pad where the frame sits. it needs to be removed and the frame will fit much better
Jan

JonPiz

Donation Time
re frame

i put the frame onto the car without the seal and then marked the new dash pad so it could be trimmed right to the edge of the frame. My screen sits perfectly now

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Rick sells windshield canting adjusters by the way. They help a lot to get the frame in the right place
Jan

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Guys, if it does not work out I will check these ideas out.
Jan thanks for the info on the WS positioners.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Doesn't a new dash pad look great once you have it on. One thing I forgot on mine was to locate and install the pins for the toneau cover. This has to be done prior to windshield install.
Nice project coming together.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Guys, if it does not work out I will check these ideas out.
Jan thanks for the info on the WS positioners.

For what its worth, I ignored advice to buy the adjusters and figured I could always order them if needed. But, once you start putting the windshield on, if you are anything like me you won't want to wait for something to arrive and will just force your way through it on your own, which is a real pain in the ass. I will never do this again without a set of these!

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Doesn't a new dash pad look great once you have it on. One thing I forgot on mine was to locate and install the pins for the toneau cover. This has to be done prior to windshield install.
Nice project coming together.

Bobbo, yes it does, they really look nice.