• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV radiator ?

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Opening the box that my SV radiator was in during its long hibernation and saw where something had pierced the box. Pulled out the radiator and sure enough what ever it was got 3 of the tubes on the first row of cooling tubes. Also found a spot where corrosion was active and when I touched it the cooling fins turned to powder.
Looks like it is a trip to the radiator shop.

Is it beneficial to replace the core with a 3 row core or stay with the 2 core it came with. I am thinking that they can use all the help cooling you can give it, so go with the 3 row core.

Your thoughts please.
Thanks
Paul

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I went with the 3 row and have never had overheating issues with my Series 3.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think the original is a 3-core. And we had ours re-cored with a 2-core, but the tubes are larger.
I have a picture here somewhere
Jan

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
2_vs_3core.jpg

rad1.jpg

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Jan, it looks like the tubs are closer together also, so that puts more hot water in the air flow also.
Thanks
Paul

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jan, it looks like the tubs are closer together also, so that puts more hot water in the air flow also.
Thanks
Paul

I think that the number of rows of tubes in a radiator is probably one of the least important measurements of a good radiator. Way too many other things that are difficult to measure and evaluate.

Bill