• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Front cross member shims

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
For all you guys out there with a better rememberer, then I, what is the proper orientation for the front crossmember shams does the sick part go after or forward currently I have mine with the sick part of better remember, then I, what is the proper orientation for the front crossmember shams does the sick part go after or forward currently I have mine with the sick part out to the aft side and just wondering if that is correct after this many years of having the car apart I honestly don't remember, thanks guys.

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
The wedges are fitted with the thick end toward the rear. According to the WSM the thick end should have the word "rear" cast into the thick end, but I do not recall seeing that when I had my suspension apart.

Tom

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Tom, the wedges I have were produced in a machine shop so there is nothing on them for positioning. And I could not remember the orientation from disassembling the car but it turns out I had the in correct way.
Thanks again.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
shims

Keep in mind they were also pop riveted in place. thick end to the rear (as was said this ads some negative caster to the front tilting the spindle to the rear)