• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Just some fun cleaning my Carburetors

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Nice, At first I was dreading watching you blast them then I saw it was plastic media.
I bet your son has said about the same thing while using your tools:)

Tom j

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
On carb cleaning

Are you at all concerned about some tiny bit of media getting stuck somewhere and not realising there is an issue until you have it back on the car and are trying to run it?

Is there a way for you to fix the broken piece to your satisfaction?
Thanks Andrew

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Andrew, I plan on fabricating a tab with a small platform at the base and drill and tap for two #4/40 screws to secure it in place..

This tab had been broken off sone time in its previous life and they had wrapped the shaft with wire to keep the float from sliding on the shaft and rubbing on the chamber. But this let that end move up and down, that would allow the float level be constantly changing.. Some people,,,,,,,

I will come back here and post info on the progress on this issue.

As far as some ports getting clogged with the media I will be blowing everything out with compressed air and flowing cleaning fluid through all ports and passages.

Thanks
Paul

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Nice, At first I was dreading watching you blast them then I saw it was plastic media.
I bet your son has said about the same thing while using your tools:)

Tom j

Tom, yes glass beads or anything abrasive would be a disaster but this plastic media is wonderful. And yes I am sure my son thought the same thing when using my tools when he first started.:eek:

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I probably have one of those carb bodies if you like, it's yours for postage send me a PM if interested.

Tom j