• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV Fuel Pump internal question

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Any one out there have any working knowledge of the fuel pump on the SV?

I recently purchased a repair kit from Rick at SS and dismantled my pump. One item that looks bad in my pump other that the seals and diaphragm is the diaphragm shaft seal. see below,
68c584e4-0613-4594-aba2-b3ae37647033.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This seal is very hard and cracked, wont seal out a mouse.
I called Rick and he said it has never been in the kit and is not aware that it is ever replaced.

Just wondering what your thoughts are and if you have ever foind a replacement seal?

Thanks
Paul

mikephillips

Donation Time
Over the 40+ years of ownership never had to replace that. Never had to do the two one way valve either, generally just the diaphragm and glass bowl seal.