• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

Last Order of Rebel harnesses for 2022

Hi Steve, My name is Jamie Kirley (BRZDAD67) . I have a S V Alpine which I am restoring with my daughter. I am interested in a harness. Please call me over the weekend to discuss how you take payment etc. Look forward to your call.
  2. B

66 or 67 alpine parts car

Would you part with the seats and some other items. Turn signals and cubby surrounded? I'm in Oconomowoc. Would be interested in seeing if you're willing to sell some.parts. Let me know. Thanks. Jamie. 678-372-8478
  3. B

Capri V6 external shifter anyone?

I have the 2.6 v6 and 4 speed trans from a 73-74 Capri. Send me an email and I ll see if I can locate some pictures. Hoping to do the 2.8 swap in the near future. kirljam@yahoo.com. Jamie
  4. Brz67

Brz67

1967 Alpine V6. We're just getting started
  5. B

Parting Series V

So request Do you have front left and right direction lights? Complete w lenses? Price? Thanks. Brzdad67
  6. B

67 Alpine with early v6 for sale in OC

Parts request Is Jose kit still avail? How about engine n trans. Let me know. Thanks. Brzdad67
  7. B

Capri Wiring Harness ?

To all, I have a 67 Series V with a 2.6 V6. The previous owner used the Capri wiring harness and seems to have done a fairly good job matching connections up. I am still having some problems with the fuel and temp gauges, and especially the tail lights and parking lights. Can someone...
  8. B

Brakes

Brake Fluid - DOT 5 or DOT 3 Hi guys, I'm in the process of getting my S V on the road. I have just installed the Capri caliper on the front left and need to bleed the system. I have the manual and know the process, but need to know what type of fluid to use. Any suggestions on mfg...
  9. B

V6 Can't Keep Running

Carb kit on the way Thanks Mike, I did some troubleshooting last time the engine quit. First I checked the distributor end of the coil wire to make sure I had spark. Good on that end. Then I cycled the throttle at the carb, and didn't see any fuel into the throat. I've purchased a...
  10. B

V6 Can't Keep Running

Mike Thanks for asking. I work out of town, and haven't been able to work much on it. Plan on doing some troubleshooting this coming weekend. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks again for asking. Jamie
  11. B

caliper rebuild

Driver side front brake problem Bev, Just curious, did you get the replacement caliper from Advance? I'm in the process of getting our 67 SV on the road. We're still having some electrical problems, but the right front brake just froze up. I'd be interested in if this is a bolt on...
  12. B

Who is going?

New to Sunbeams Hi Donna, My name is Jamie. My daughter Breanna and I acquired a 1967 V6 Alpine last year. We're just now getting it running and plan to attend some local shows before the end of the cruise season. We're in Springfield, MO and looking for other owners in the area. I...
  13. B

V6 Can't Keep Running

HI All, I"ve got a 1967 Alpine with V6. I've finally got everthing replaced, and it does run. Problem is that it will run for 15 - 20 seconds then quit. Prior to trying to start I pulled the tanks, boiled and resealed. The fuel pump and filter are both working correctly, even the...
  14. B

Bonnet Release Assy.

Does anyone have a bonnet release lever they would be willing to part with, or where I can get an OEM part. The cable to mine is shot. Any suggestions to a repair, maybe with a hard cable? Thanks. BRZDAD67 Kirljam@centurytel.net
  15. B

Hard Top differences

Another Hard top question Great info guys. I just aquired a 1967 Series V with a hard top. The top is in great shape, but the metal frame just below the side windows seems to have been ground out to allow for the main windows to fit. Is this normal? Does anyone have pictures of an original...
  16. B

Aviation Industry question

Be Careful Hi Mack, I currently work for a helicopter EMS outfit out of S. Missouri. We're constantly looking for qualified pilots. That being said, If you don't have turbine time we're not interested. I looked into the heli career about 2 years ago after being laid off from one of...
  17. B

Hardtop Guru's...need advice.

Need some pics Hi All, I have a very clean 1967(?) hard top. The only problem I see is a very small amount of crazing in the rear window and quarters. The previous owner did some grinding on the front part of the frame to allow it to fit around the main windows. I can do sheet metal work...
  18. B

Engine Year

V6 ID help Hi Don, My name is Jamie. My daughter Breanna and I just purchased a 1967 Series V Alpine. My car also has the Ford V6 mod and I'm interested in finding out what I've actually got. I contacted the Capri Club of America and wrote to a guy named Max. Max wrote back: A lot...
  19. B

New owner with lots of questions

Hard Top Question Thanks Mike, I guess I didn't describe the area I was concerned about correctly. The area I'm concerned about is the front part of the rear window. It's right where the door ends and the frame for the hard top begins). On the top I have it seems that the top (where it...
  20. B

New owner with lots of questions

New owner toooooo ! Hi Mackzknife, I too am a new Alpine owner. I picked up a S V 1967 and also have lots of questions. This car however is complete. It's been sitting for about 3 years and was running when it was parked. I have a set of pretty good manuals from the previous owner, and...