• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Engine Year

donchiotos

Donation Time
I am trying to find the year of my Ford 2.8 V6 engine. The numbers on the engine are: 74TM6959 this number is on the timing cover. There is another number stamped on the right side of the block by the distributor, that number is: 27B under that number is a large E then under that letter is 11 85. The only other number I can find is on the right side of the block, those numbers are; 210 30. From this information can the engine year be determined? Thanks

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Don,

The number on the front of the timing cover, that starts with the number 74, indicates that the engine is from a 1974-1979 vehicle. If it has a front sump pan, it is from a Mustang II, and if it has a rear sump pan, it is from a Capri/Capri II/1979 Fox bodied Mustang. Some guys on this board say they can decipher the other numbers, but I can´t. That is as close as I can get.

Jose

BRZDAD67

Donation Time
V6 ID help

Hi Don,

My name is Jamie. My daughter Breanna and I just purchased a 1967 Series V Alpine. My car also has the Ford V6 mod and I'm interested in finding out what I've actually got.

I contacted the Capri Club of America and wrote to a guy named Max. Max wrote back:

A lot of parts on these V6's are compatible with each other across 10 and 20 years!

The way forward for you is to contact Norm at Team Blitz, who specializes in Capri V6s and parts in general. Send him a list of casting, tag, and stamped numbers off of everything you can find.

Block
Heads
Intake
Distributor
Spark Plugs
Carb
Water pump
Exhaust Manifolds
Etc.

Norm's email address = blitz@teamblitz.com

I'm sure he can ID your motor.

Max

----------

I'm still trying to find time to get the numbers from my engine also. Your thread has given me a good starting place for where to look for my numbers.

Give Norm a shout and see if he can give you any help. Let me know how things go. If he can help you may be able to direct some more of of V6 owners. Hope this helps.

BRZDAD67