• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hardtop Guru's...need advice.

Duke

Donation Time
Hello all,

I am getting my Hardtop together and have some questions about the top to body seal (HT61) and corner pads (HT56).

Corner Pad - do they need to be riveted to the top with the seal retaining rail?

Body Seal - what I received from SS is one long piece. Does that need to be cut twice at each corner? Do you run the seal over the corner pads too?

Thanks for any info and pictures of the corner pads installed would be great.

mikephillips

Donation Time
The corner pads were originally fastened to the top with 2 sheet metal screws. These passed through a small metal plate, into the rubber then into the hardtop. As for the length of seal, you'll cut it into 3 lengths, one between the corners under the rear window, and one for each rail under the quarter windows.

Duke

Donation Time
Thanks guys!

All of the rubber is on now. I just have to install the rear window and I am finished.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Duke, How about a couple pictures of your refurbished top ?

I've got one that needs the treatment, but its a project for another day.....

Tom j

Duke

Donation Time
Duke, How about a couple pictures of your refurbished top ?

I'll take a couple. The top will still need new rear and side windows. The budget is blown getting the car ready for TU XXXI so I will replace them later.

I just could not consider driving 3000 miles round trip without the hardtop on the car.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Tom, show up for Invasion and we can talk about hardtops. I ran through it last year with a group and I'd be happy to do it again.

BRZDAD67

Donation Time
Need some pics

Hi All,

I have a very clean 1967(?) hard top. The only problem I see is a very small amount of crazing in the rear window and quarters. The previous owner did some grinding on the front part of the frame to allow it to fit around the main windows. I can do sheet metal work fairly well, but need original pics to try to restore. Anyone willing to send pics can send them to me kirljam@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance for the help

BRZDAD67