• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

67 Alpine with early v6 for sale in OC

Jon H

Donation Time
Folks,

Regretfully I need to sell my Alpine. It is a 1967 Alpine that was converted to a 2.6L Capri V6 in 1977. I purchased the car from the gentleman that did the conversion 3 years ago. The engine is tired but runs and needs, at the very least, a carb rebuild. The V6 is adapted to a stock 4 speed and stock rear end.

Items done by the previous owner:
v6 conversion
Oversized radiator (not sure what it is out of but keeps the car cool)
GT type interior (no folding top)
Factory hard top (rubber windshield gasket is in poor shape, side windows are cracked)
Repainted light yellow a long time ago

Items done by me:
Re-cored radiator
Re-upholstered seats
Complete rewire
All new VDO gauges including GPS speedometer
New 15" power coated steel wheels with custom offset 6" front, 7" rear
New Yokohama S-Drive tires
New Optima red top battery
Nardi Steering Wheel

Issues:
Carb rebuild (idles and revs fine but does not run under load)
rear main leak
Rear input shaft leak
Non-functioning tachometer

I started collecting parts for a 2.8 V6 conversion, they are all available with the car if wanted:
Jose's kit, complete
Complete running engine (partially torn down to remove the cam)
Jose's grind cam
Offenhauser intake (new)
Holly carb (new)
Complete gasket set
ported and polished heads by Bob McKray
Narrowed 8" rear end (4 bolt pattern) (unassembled and without perches and mounts)
2 - 8" third members
Rear brakes for 8" rear end complete (drums need to be re-drilled for correct bolt pattern)
Bell housing (no the one everyone else is using) this is from a 4L mustang and uses an internal TOB) I do not have the clutch parts but the car currently has an internal hydraulic clutch
T5 trans mission out of a 3.8L mustang

There are other parts too like 13" American Racing wheels, boxes of misc. parts, etc.

I'd like $7K for the car alone, conversion parts are negotiable too.

Cell phone number is 949-285-9705. Text up till 5:00 PM, call from 5:00 - 9:00 PM

Not sure how to attach photos, I'll post when I can or text me and I'll send them to you.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Parts for sale?

What might you be asking for : Offenhauser intake (new)
Holly carb (new)
Complete gasket set
ported and polished heads by Bob McKray

Thanks,

Jon H

Donation Time
Car is sold but still have parts

Car sold, thanks to this forum.

Many parts available, I'll post an inventory with $$ this weekend.

Jon H

Donation Time
All small parts are sold. Still have rear end, 2.8L short block, bell housing, T5 trans.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Your Parts for sale....

Jon, Here s a gent wanting some parts you refer to:

E-mail: jimmin at cox.net

DanR