• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Capri Wiring Harness ?

BRZDAD67

Donation Time
To all,

I have a 67 Series V with a 2.6 V6. The previous owner used the Capri wiring harness and seems to have done a fairly good job matching connections up. I am still having some problems with the fuel and temp gauges, and especially the tail lights and parking lights.

Can someone please let me know if the following is correct for the S V?

Tail lights - upper bulb is turn signal - lower bulb is brake lights. Emergency flasher is both upper and lower? Which bulb should be on for the rear parking lights. Are both the amber and clear front bulbs lit for the front parking lights?

My brake lights seem to be working fine - (if the lower rear bulbs are the brakes). My turn signals are causing me fits. Left signal light seems to work fine. Right signal both the upper and lower rear bulbs flash together as well as the lower left bulb. The emergency flasher lights work great - even have the dash indicator lights blinking at the same time.

I'm also having some (apparently common) problems with the temp and fuel gauges. Would appreciate any input.

I know this is probably going over lots of info that's already on the forum, but would really appreciate some help. I'm close to getting this car road worthy, but need the lights working to pass safety inspection.

Thanks in advance for any help. Have a super day.

Brzdad67

Jamie
678-372-8478

Jim E

Donation Time
I would run a new ground from each rear light housing before doing anything. After painting my S3 I thought demons had taken over the wiring and it has a new stock harness and everything worked fine before the respray. Try a couple short ground wires at the tail lights and see what happens.