• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. D

Front Left Caliper not releasing completely

I am having an issue with my left front caliper not releasing completely when driven a few miles. I have rebuilt the caliper with stainless steel pistons and new seals from Sunbeam Specialties. When I first reattach the caliper, then spin the tire by hand, the wheel has a little grab, but...
  2. D

Series V Caliper Replacement

I did a search for calipers and found that the TR3 calipers from Moss, part number 180-568, might fit. They are in stock, and a pair sells for about $160.00. My question is, are they a bolt on replacement with no modifications? Here is the link to Moss catalog page that has these calipers...
  3. D

Series V Brake Calipers Replacement

I have a series V Alpine V6 and was interested in if there are replacement calipers I can purchase for the front brakes? I saw on earlier posts a TR3 caliber will work, and Moss has calipers, but the price is around $250.00! Does anyone know of an alternative? The Alpine calipers are real hard...
  4. D

Radiator Elect Fans

I have 2, 10 inch electric fans mounted to a fan shouding. They are the straight blade puller 12 vdc at 80 watts. I was woundering what fans other V6 owners used for cooling.
  5. D

Electric Water Pump

Just woundering if anyone has installed an electric water pump on the Ford 2.8 V6? Not sure if it can be done due to the lower water pump hose and radiador lower outlet being so close, but maybe there is a way.
  6. D

Water temp at 210?

I just finished my V6 project and trying to get the temp down. It runs about 210 in normal traffic light driving. Is this normal for these engines? My engine is using Joes specs for the cam, and heads. I just put the blanking plates in each side of the radiator. That seemed to help over Cap, and...
  7. D

V6 Motor Mounts

I am in need of a replacement V6 motor mount that is used in Jose's conversion kit. I put a post under Parts Wanted, but thought I would cover all bases to try and locate a source these mounts. So, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Don C
  8. D

V6 Motor Mounts

I am looking for motor mounts for Jose's V6 conversion kit. I need the two rubber mounts. The ones I have are cracked and I would like to replace them. Thanks Don C
  9. D

Alpine leans to left?

I am finishing up my 66 V6 Alpine. It is in the shop now getting some work done on it to find out why the car leans to the left. Several areas have been corrected thet are as follows. New bushings, ball joints, springs, frame was uneven so the frame shop straightened it. It is better but still...
  10. D

Ford 2.8 V6 Headers

I would like to find out about getting a set of headers that point straight back instead of the ones Jose sells that are bent to the side. So does anyone sell a set, and if so how do I contact him? Thank you
  11. D

Uneven front

I just completed my V6 project and the drivers side is lower than the left side. I put new bushings and springs. Has anyone else had this issue?
  12. D

Amp Gauge

If you have a one wire alternator rated at 60 amps. Should you also have an amp meter rated at the same current? Or can you use a 30 amp gauge? I think this alternator rating is at 6000 rps, so the alternator will vary its output to load and rpms. Please set me straight on this question. Thanks
  13. D

Front Coil Springs

I have a 66 Alpine with V6 which is lower on the drivers side than the passengers side. So I was told the sprigs need replacement. Does anyone know where I can get a set of correct height springs?
  14. D

Sunbeam Upper Control Arm

Has anyone installed an adjustable upper control arm the does not use the shims to set the alignment. I was told by the alignment shop that this was the way to have perfect alignment. They said I would need to provide the shims if I wanted to keep the car stock. Any comments. I just finished my...
  15. D

GPS Speedometer

I am interested in either the Speedhut 4 inch speedometer, or the VDO 4 inch speedometer. This will be going into my V6 Alpine that has the wood dash. Could anyone comment on either of these speedometers? The Speedhut speedometer is cheaper than the VDO but wasn't sure about the quality. Thanks
  16. D

Wood dash - Glove box lock

I put a wood dash in my Alpine, but the glove box door did not come with a lock or latch. I looked at other Alpines and Tigers that have wooden glove box doors and they all have the same chrome round pushbutton latch. The best I can find is one for the VW. This is very similar as far as I can...
  17. D

Please Translate to Weekend Warrior Language

I am starting to torque my components down but was not completely sure what my manuals meant by the different component names. My intent here is to torque everything down. Then drive it to a shop that could recheck my torque settings and set the steering and wheel alignment. I have a Sunbeam...
  18. D

Front End Torque

I am ready to put tires and wheels on my 12 year 66 V6 Alpine project. I would like to find the specs for the front end torque settings. Here is what I have so far: Upper and lower ball joints torque to 44 ft lbs. The tie rod ends, I'm not sure, could use help on correct torque. Upper and lower...
  19. D

Front End Torque Specs

I am ready to put tires and wheels on my 12 year 66 V6 Alpine project. I would like to find the specs for the front end torque settings. Here is what I have so far: Upper and lower ball joints torque to 44 ft lbs. The tie rod ends, I'm not sure, could use help on correct torque. Upper and lower...
  20. D

Hardtop Gutter Trim Installation

I am having a real issue with the installation of the gutter trim on my 66 Alpine. I cannot get it to snap into place. I align the chrome trim to the hardtop. Them put the top in first and try and push the trim down, to hopefully snap it into place. It never snaps into place! I even tried to use...