• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine leans to left?

donchiotos

Donation Time
I am finishing up my 66 V6 Alpine. It is in the shop now getting some work done on it to find out why the car leans to the left. Several areas have been corrected thet are as follows. New bushings, ball joints, springs, frame was uneven so the frame shop straightened it. It is better but still leans to the left. The shop took measurements using a machine and now determined it was the lower control arm on the left side. Has anyone else ran into this issue before? Thanks, Don C

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Does the shop think the left a-arm is bent, too short, or...? When the a-arms were re-installed, was the car on the ground when the nuts holding the a-arms were tightened? Could be that the right-side bushings are bound up and are holding the right side of the car up, as opposed to holding the left side down.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Review the section in the workshop manual on replacing the bushings. It gives the procedure for re-assembly that must be followed. Did the shop follow those instructions?

donchiotos

Donation Time
Does the shop think the left a-arm is bent, too short, or...? When the a-arms were re-installed, was the car on the ground when the nuts holding the a-arms were tightened? Could be that the right-side bushings are bound up and are holding the right side of the car up, as opposed to holding the left side down.
Thanks for the response. I sent the shop your questions. The shop did all the work. I will let you know when he answers me.

donchiotos

Donation Time
Review the section in the workshop manual on replacing the bushings. It gives the procedure for re-assembly that must be followed. Did the shop follow those instructions?
I left all manuals with the mechanics and showed them the sectiond on front end assembly. The shop does all sort of custom and british and classic cars. So I am confidient that they did refer to the manual. I will ask them . Thanks for the response,