• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Front End Torque Specs

donchiotos

Donation Time
I am ready to put tires and wheels on my 12 year 66 V6 Alpine project. I would like to find the specs for the front end torque settings. Here is what I have so far: Upper and lower ball joints torque to 44 ft lbs. The tie rod ends, I'm not sure, could use help on correct torque. Upper and lower fulcrum pins torque to 65 ft lbs with full weight on ground. The four cross member bolts torque to 62 ft lbs. The wheel lug nuts torque to 48 ft lbs. Could someone tell me if any of this is correct, or what are the correct torque settings? Thanks,

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am ready to put tires and wheels on my 12 year 66 V6 Alpine project. I would like to find the specs for the front end torque settings. Here is what I have so far: Upper and lower ball joints torque to 44 ft lbs. The tie rod ends, I'm not sure, could use help on correct torque. Upper and lower fulcrum pins torque to 65 ft lbs with full weight on ground. The four cross member bolts torque to 62 ft lbs. The wheel lug nuts torque to 48 ft lbs. Could someone tell me if any of this is correct, or what are the correct torque settings? Thanks,

donchiotos,

If you don't have a workshop manual, feel free to use the online version linked on the home page.

WSM 145, General Data section, page 27, Torque Loading Figures, Front Suspension and Steering has what you are looking for plus some you didn't list.

http://sunbeamalpine.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/3-general-data.pdf

Hope this helps,

Don