• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Please Translate to Weekend Warrior Language

donchiotos

Donation Time
I am starting to torque my components down but was not completely sure what my manuals meant by the different component names. My intent here is to torque everything down. Then drive it to a shop that could recheck my torque settings and set the steering and wheel alignment. I have a Sunbeam Alpine shop manual and I am looking on page 28 Torque and Load Figures. Then I go to Section F, page 16 for the exploded view of the components Under Torque Figures, pg 28, Fulcrum pin to crossmember upper. This is 32 on section F on the exploded view. Next under Torque Figures, Fulcrum pin to crossmember lower. This is 25,29,and 30 under Section F pg16. Back to Torque Figures, Eye bolt-trunnion to link. Go to Section F,pg16. Not sure what that is referring to. Ball pin-Subcarrier to link. Not shown in Section F, but is that referring to the tie rod ends for the steering links? Then back to Torque Figures, Ball pin- housing to link. Not sure what this is referencing in Section F, pg16, exploded view. Then on that same page what is the torque for nut 18 and 46. Upper ball joint nut 22, and last torque I would like to find out is the steering link ball joints on each side.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
upload_2020-3-28_16-21-9.png upload_2020-3-28_16-22-8.png

donchiotos,

These images are from the WSM145. See if these part descriptions make more sense.

fulcrum pin mounts A-arm to crossmember - top and bottom

link is A-arm

swivel bearing is ball joint

axle carrier is the spindle

bottom swivel bearing to bottom link is the two bolts that mount ball joint to A-arm

swing lever is the steering arm on bottom of steering box (and probably the relay lever as well)

As far as the lock nuts on the tie rods, think they are only tightened enough to ensure adjustment doesn't change.

Last edited: