• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Motor Mounts

donchiotos

Donation Time
I am looking for motor mounts for Jose's V6 conversion kit. I need the two rubber mounts. The ones I have are cracked and I would like to replace them. Thanks Don C

Slainte

Donation Time
I'll talk with him either this evening or tomorrow, so I'll ask if he has any, or knows a source.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Change out to engine mounts you can buy from any auto parts store.

My Brackets and the Anchor 2424 are perfect for the V6 Conversion.

Jose type rubber biscuits are basically a "sole source" item. NOt available for parts stores.

donchiotos

Donation Time
Change out to engine mounts you can buy from any auto parts store.

My Brackets and the Anchor 2424 are perfect for the V6 Conversion.

Jose type rubber biscuits are basically a "sole source" item. NOt available for parts stores.
Dan,
I sent you a message earlier but not sure if you got it. Anyway, can I use your motor mounts to the cross member welded mounts I did with Jose's motor mounts?

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
The biscuits are the same size and shape as 57 Chevy motor mounts if you shave like 1/4-3/8 or so off the top. If I recall, the middle is left full height for locating the top mount. At 50 cents apiece from Rock Auto, it may be worth experimenting a little.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The biscuits are the same size and shape as 57 Chevy motor mounts if you shave like 1/4-3/8 or so off the top. If I recall, the middle is left full height for locating the top mount. At 50 cents apiece from Rock Auto, it may be worth experimenting a little.
But first, what is the problem with leaving them full thickness?

Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Sorry Greg, but it appears I fail to understand, either your initial post or the design of the V6 pucks, or possibly both. It was my initial understanding that the top puck would have to be shaved. Your second post make me think the load bearing puck is dual diameter.
Bill

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Sorry Greg, but it appears I fail to understand, either your initial post or the design of the V6 pucks, or possibly both. It was my initial understanding that the top puck would have to be shaved. Your second post make me think the load bearing puck is dual diameter.
Bill

It’s been a while, but I believe it’s the bottom puck that needs to be shaved. At least I assume that’s why my engine was higher. The 57 Chevy ones come in large and small. The large works for the bottom and small works for the top. But then my memory, like my hairline, is fading. The engine-attached bracket has a hole in it of maybe 3/4. The biscuit bump slots into it. But now that you mention it, why would that make a difference? It’s not like the extra little bit of rubber is gonna keep the engine in place.

Found my squishy old ones, image attached below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 16