• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. T

Two dressed alpine engines, transmissions, accessories. 1725 and 1600

I thought I would start a thread for these specifically so they wouldn't get lost in my massive part-out thread. For those of you that don't know; I started an ambitious restoration project on a sIII alpine and bought an almost complete sV for parts. Life time and priorities got in the way...
  2. T

I give up! Project part out, lots of new stuff

Sorry, I have about three threads open here. I am up on my restoration project. I can't find any one that wants it all so I'm parting it out Series III body panels (solid hood trunk and doors) Series v chassis (good not perfect floors) Both series v and III full suspensions and drivelines (non...
  3. T

series III rotisserie, lots of new parts lots of series V stuff all for under $2k!!

Project turned part out! Get dibs on the big and heavy now, scrap run in a week! sorry, posted this in the incorrect forum the first time. Back up for sale warren MI $1700 OBO More than that in new parts included. Notable new parts: 3 MTR patch panels, full wire harness, dash pad...
  4. T

basket case series III with rotisserie and half a seres V for spares.

Back up for sale warren MI $1700 OBO More than that in new parts included. Notable new parts: 3 MTR patch panels, full wire harness, dash pad; rebuilt servo, master, clutch master and slave and many many more! Lots of good original parts; Convertible top from series V in good usable...
  5. T

My project basket case Project on eBay, with turned dash and rotisserie

Sub-$1000 starting bid, comes with turned dash, rotisserie, full sV drive train, lots of new parts lots of extra parts! http://r.ebay.com/OZ6f04
  6. T

Go fast rear end gears

Im building a peppy sunbeam that will not be seeing highway speeds (55 mph and under mostly). I have decided that I will be rebuilding the sV rear end so I am looking for as high of a ratio ring and pinion or full 3rd member if need be. I believe 4.22 was the highest ratio offered in the alpines?
  7. T

tester needed for turned dash project

Hi all, I am getting ready to make a production run of "turned" dashes and it has come to my attention that the s5 gauges and such may be different sizes than the s3 ones I designed the original around. I need some one to test fit their s5 stuff into a template for them. Please see thread...
  8. T

sV or sIII suspension, what one is worth rebuilding.

Hi all. I currently am working on a series III that will be powered by a series V driveline. I started looking into what components I need to rebuild my suspension and realized that there are diffrences between the two gennerations. At a glance it seems that the series III replacement parts...
  9. T

“engine turned†dashes *feeler*

Hi all, Ever since I posted pictures of this “engine turned†dash I made for my series II I’ve been getting pms about once a year asking if I’d consider selling it. I never really had the time or the inclination to do so because there is a lot of labor involved and I don’t have much...
  10. T

Series III with half a Series V too much new stuff to list

Currently on eBay http://r.ebay.com/OZ6f04
  11. T

series III dash lables and amp gauge

Hey all Im looking for either non cracked plastic dash lables for - heater controles - panel switch - wiper switch - blower switch or cracked but usable - blower switch - wiper switch the lables I am talking about can be seen here I am also looking for a working or un working...
  12. T

1963 blue series III on craigslist MI

PostingID: 916884174 Novi Michigan price, unknown is said to be soild
  13. T

any one look into a GM v6 for swap?

Hey guys. Im going to be doing a 3800 series II supercharged engine swap into my firebird shortly so I will have the stock naturally aspirated 3800 series II engine, harness, cpu, fuel pump and other bits laying around. Has any one sized up a GM 60 degree v6 into an alpine yet? I was thinking...
  14. T

sprung or unsprung clutch disk???

hi all, I was looking over the parts i need to replace for my 1600cc series 3 non-overdrive 4 speed , and a question came up.... It looks like some one put the wrong clutch disk in the car. the flywheel bolts were trashed and one of the springs in the clutch disk was mangled... now im not the...
  15. T

67 series 5 part out

Ill be updating parts as I strip this car and as I take the parts I need... here is the long story short. Im in the process of restoring a series 3. I bought this 5 for the sheet metal, intirrior, convertible top/frame, all glass, and some exterrior trim. I will have both rear fenders, hood...
  16. T

any one else into old brit bikes?

Im all geeked I finaly got my 65 bonniville chopper sparkin and a fartin last night. My uncle put this chopper together in 67, road it off and on till about 78-79 than put it in the corner of his barn. there it sat till a month ago i gave him $600 for it and started working on it. the...
  17. T

picture request code 61 series 3

Ok I just looked up my color combo code; it turns out I have a code 61 Quartz Blue Metallic with Light Blue upholstry & Dark Blue piping. Light Blue carpets any body have pics of these? I dont think I have ever seen this combo, but then again I am still new to these cars.
  18. T

front caliper cores for a series III

need a rebuildable set of front caliper cores for my series III. I plan on rebuilding them with sainless steel pistons so im cool with just getting the caliper bodys. I believe that series 3-5 and tiger calipers are the same, any of these will do. looking to spend $100 but open to...
  19. T

Drivability mods

Hi every one, Im fairly new to the site and have had no luck searching for my answers, just got little hints here and there. I am opening this thread to hopefully compile a how to resource on how to make our alpines a bit more drivable. Please post up links with specific how to mods. Im...
  20. T

What should I look for; Buying an alpine from a co-worker?

I recently sold off all my projects and consolidated all the parts and nick knacks I collected over the years only to realize I was very unhappy without something to work on. So I stared searching for a little project. I was telling a co-worker about some “toy cars†Ive been looking at. He...