• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

series III dash lables and amp gauge

the ghoul

Donation Time
Hey all
Im looking for either non cracked plastic dash lables for
- heater controles
- panel switch
- wiper switch
- blower switch
or cracked but usable
- blower switch
- wiper switch
the lables I am talking about can be seen here
8-17-08004.jpg

I am also looking for a working or un working, but rebuildable Jaeger Amp meter gauge. Hopefully with "made in england" on the face but made in france will work just fine. Saw a nice looking one just sell on ebay for $40 but couldnt bid because of troubles with ebay. But I feel this is a fare price, but will be willing to shell out a bit more for a nicer unit.

Lastly, Im looking for a good rootes group dash medallion (my re-paint didnt go so well) Looking for one with minimal paint cracking.
please let me know
-kevin
cudaeh@yahoo.com

RootesRacer

Donation Time
The ammeters show up on ebay all the time and ere not expensive.

Many european cars used them (smiths ammeters).

You have your choice of a 30 or 35 amp model (I think the tigers used 35).

If you are going to upgrade with an alternator, then you should go 35.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Sorry to correct Jarrid, but Sunbeams used the Lucas ammeters.

SI/II used a Lucas upward facing white needle -30/+30
S3/IV/MKI Tiger used a Lucas upward facing red needle -30/+30
SV used a Lucas upward facing red needle -35/+35 with the smaller font to match SV style gauges.

You can also get a -50/50+ Lucas ammeter that matches your S3 gauges.

I have some of these if you are interested.

howard

Donation Time
By dash medallion, I'm assuming you mean the hole plug for the space one could put a clock? If so, I may have one, but I think they came in gold or silver, so you'd have to be specific which color you're after. (And I'm sure someone will correct me on that if I'm mistaken, but I have one color in my car and another color in my spares box.) Either way, it's not concours-quality, but it's not bad. Let me know.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Michael is correct, Rootes used Lucas ammeters in the Alpines although I'm sure some dealers added whatever they had so that may not be what "came"
with the car.

The Rootes medalions were gold and silver. The gold ones came from early cars, I belive Series II, and the silver came later.

I know I have 3 or 4 hanging around. PM me if you can't find one.

Cheers!
Steve

By the way, I also have the ammeter blanking plates as well.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Kevin,

Be extrodinarily careful with the vent/heater bezel. I don't think Kip offers that and it is very fragile by now.

Steve

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
vent/heater bezel

Hi Gang:

I just finished the tooling for making the vent/heater bezel for the S3. I have yet to make one up but hope to do this in the next couple of weeks.
I will PM you (Kevin) as soon as I have a sample to show you.

Regards,
Andrew

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
... I'm not even sure smiths makes an ammeter.

I am pretty sure you are correct - the original Smith's never did make an ammeter, to my knowledge. Lucas and Jaeger did, however.

That being said, there is a newer "classic" Smith's instrument line that does include an ammeter, and it is in the same style as the traditional Smith's instruments which in time (as they get installed and begin to age) will get rather confusing to those doing restorations.

the ghoul

Donation Time
Hi Gang:

I just finished the tooling for making the vent/heater bezel for the S3. I have yet to make one up but hope to do this in the next couple of weeks.
I will PM you (Kevin) as soon as I have a sample to show you.

Regards,
Andrew

yeah! Id love to see it when your done with them.

howard

Donation Time
I'll go check my "Big Magical Box O' Parts" in my tool shed and dig out what I've got. I'll get back with you Monday to confirm I have one in hand.

Tried to PM you but your box is too full. You might want to delete some messages so it'll work again.

the ghoul

Donation Time
thank you very much.
I just noticed this morning that it was full!
it should be taken care of
I'll go check my "Big Magical Box O' Parts" in my tool shed and dig out what I've got. I'll get back with you Monday to confirm I have one in hand.

Tried to PM you but your box is too full. You might want to delete some messages so it'll work again.