• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. J

fuel pump safety switch

I'm using an oil pressure switch to shut off the fuel pump when the engine stops. It is installed on a T fitting at the oil pressure gauge fitting. Today I noticed a large oil leak at the pressure switch. I've never been a fan of this set up as the switch is in a hard to reach location, and...
  2. J

Rota RB wheels

I’m planning or getting a new set of wheels for my SV and I like the look of Rota’s RB 15 inch wheels. I’ve seen a few thread discussing wheel offset, but I can’t a definitive answer. I’d like to go with a 15x6 wheel in front and a 15x7 for the rear. Has anyone put these wheels on their car and...
  3. J

Series 5 window glass

Yesterday I broke the glass on the passenger side door. I posted a thread on the wanted section for a replacement. For a series 5, what other series windows will fit? Will a drivers side door glass fit on the passenger side? Has anyone had a window made for their car? I have no idea what...
  4. J

Series 5 window

Yesterday I broke my passenger side window glass on my series 5. So I am wondering if anyone has one to sell. Thanks, Joel
  5. J

Stiff clutch pedal fix

On my SV with a v6 the clutch pedal has always been stiff. It always seemed to take more effort that what I was expecting to disengage the clutch. I have a wilwood master cylinder, 5/8 bore and a wilwood external slave. The other month, the clutch pedal started squeaking bad. This morning I...
  6. J

Turn Signal Switch

I'm in the process of putting my dash back together after taking it out to refinish it. While it was in pieces I ordered a turn signal rebuilt kit from SS that has the plastic tab and rivet. Of course I did not pay attention to how the switch is assembled when taking it apart. I put the...
  7. J

Rear brake lines

I'm replacing all of the brake lines in my SV. For the rear brakes, is there a benefit to putting a T on the rear axle and running a line to each wheel? Or should I just run everything stock? It just seems odd how it was done from the factory with the line going from the hose to the passenger...
  8. J

Dual Master cylinder

I thought it would be best to start a new thread about the dual circuit master cylinder I just installed in my SV with a 2.8. I wanted to try the Ford/Mazda that Toyanvil and others have done, but it doesn't look like I will have enough clearance from the valve cover. I went with a MC from a...
  9. J

2.8 oil leak

Finally after 10 years the 2.8 v6 is ready to go in my sv:) However, sometimes I feel I take one step forward and two steps back. I got the engine to fire and run for a few seconds. I have not set the timing. When I got the engine to run, once the oil pressure came up, I had a massive...
  10. J

Radiator questions

After putting my Alpine V6 swap project on the shelf for 6 years, I'm finally able to get back to it. Getting married and kids took all of my time (and money). So far I have the 2.8 with a T5 and Jose's kit. The engine and transmission are in. My next step is the radiator. I have not...
  11. J

V6 installation

After taking a few years off from working on my SV, I'm finally getting back to work on it. I'm using Jose's kit, and a T-5 from a 3.8 Mustang. So far, I've widened the tunnel, got the transmission mount in. I’m at the point to weld in the motor mounts. I have the engine and...
  12. J

T5 mods

I'm about to send the input shaft and bearing retainer to the machine shop. I want to make sure I have the correct demensions. The input shaft spud needs to be turned to .59 in. The bearing retainer needs to be shortened .50 in. Are these correct? Thanks, Joel
  13. J

v6 conversion questions

Yesterday I removed the 1725 engine from my SV for the last time:D. While working on it, I had a few thoughts that I don't know how I'm going to get things to work. First, where is the conversion article that Jim E. typed up? I'm ready to remove the motor mounts and cut the tunnel...
  14. J

2.3L T-5 trans

Will a T-5 from a 93 mustang 2.3L work for the 2.8 conversion? There is one locally that is cheap, and claimed to work. Thanks, Joel
  15. J

Transmission question

Now that I'm done with the engine (other than rebuilding the carb) I need to focus on the transmission. I have a 4 speed from a 77 Mustang II that I'm planning on using. I would prefer to use a T-5, but I need to save money for that. IIRC, the slave cylinder to use for the T-5 is the...
  16. J

oil for 2.8?

I just reassembled my 2.8. What type of engine oil should I use? Second, what oil filter should I use? I assume a filter for a ranger or bronco II, but I want to make sure the filter will fit in the engine bay. Third, I would like to pressurize the oil system. What can I use to...
  17. J

Engine Torque specs

I am reassembling my 2.8 v6. What should I torque the main and rod bearing too? The engine is a 85 ranger v6. I think the manual for a mustang II says rods should be set around 25 ft/lbs and the mains around 65 ft/lbs. This sound correct? Thanks, Joe
  18. J

Misc. Parts for Conversion

I'm trying to gather all of the extra parts I will need for the 2.8 conversion. Will the stock fuel pump work? I thought I read somewhere that it will hit the frame. If so, will a Carter CRT-P4070 electric pump work? What about the oil filter? I bought a re-manufactured ranger long block...
  19. J

2.8 rebuild

I am finally able to start the V6 swap on my series 5. Last spring I found a 2.8 from a 77 Mustang 2, with a 4-speed transmission. When I bought it, the engine turned over. Now it is locked up. I took the heads off, and it has rust in the cylinders. I also pulled the oil pan and bottom end...