• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Misc. Parts for Conversion

jzuk7

Donation Time
I'm trying to gather all of the extra parts I will need for the 2.8 conversion. Will the stock fuel pump work? I thought I read somewhere that it will hit the frame. If so, will a Carter CRT-P4070 electric pump work?

What about the oil filter? I bought a re-manufactured ranger long block. It didn't come with a 90 degree oil filter adaptor. All that is there is a hole with threads that go into the block. I tried to get one from a junk yard, but I did not have the correct tools with me at that time. So, should I go get the adaptor from the junk yard, or should I get a remote filter set-up?

Thanks,

Joe

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I'm trying to gather all of the extra parts I will need for the 2.8 conversion. Will the stock fuel pump work? I thought I read somewhere that it will hit the frame. If so, will a Carter CRT-P4070 electric pump work?

What about the oil filter? I bought a re-manufactured ranger long block. It didn't come with a 90 degree oil filter adaptor. All that is there is a hole with threads that go into the block. I tried to get one from a junk yard, but I did not have the correct tools with me at that time. So, should I go get the adaptor from the junk yard, or should I get a remote filter set-up?

Thanks,

Joe
Hi Joe,

I would get an adapter from a junk yard Ranger. A remote filter will add two hoses that can leak, plus you will have fun trying to find a path for them that won't get harmed by the headers. The Ranger/Bronco II filter adapter is the very best way to mount a filter.

The stock fuel pump will clear everything, but it is a #%@&*@! to change, if it ever goes bad. It sits under the Alternator, and in a very tight place, where you play heck putting both hands to mount it. The pump you mentioned will work, as long as it is internally limited to no more than 5/7lbs. max. I would mount some kind of safety switch to kill the current to it, so in case you get into an accident, it won't empty the gas tank on to hot engine parts and causing a fire.

Jose:)

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Joe, I have a Carter P4070 pump new in the box that I am not going to use. If you go that route you can get it cheap! The pressure is low with high volume it is recommended for Weber carbs. it should work for your application without any pressure regulator. :)

Jim E

Donation Time
The oil adaptors are hard to get off. I always look for Bronco/Rangers with the 2.9 to get them off of. Most of the 2.9s have had the heads pulled and it makes the oil gizmo a lot easier to get off.

jzuk7

Donation Time
Joe, I have a Carter P4070 pump new in the box that I am not going to use. If you go that route you can get it cheap! The pressure is low with high volume it is recommended for Weber carbs. it should work for your application without any pressure regulator. :)

George, I sent you a PM.

Jose and Jim, Thanks for the information. Will an adaptor of any other engine work? When I was looking at a Bronco II in a junkyard, it was a little tight around the adaptor. If there is a different vehicle that has the adaptor, it might be easier to get one.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
George, I sent you a PM.

Jose and Jim, Thanks for the information. Will an adaptor of any other engine work? When I was looking at a Bronco II in a junkyard, it was a little tight around the adaptor. If there is a different vehicle that has the adaptor, it might be easier to get one.
The V6 Pinto wagon had an oil filter adapter too, but it used a smaller, more expensive filter, and I think it will be harder to find than the Ranger will. Some times we have to work a bit to get what we want. Some of the standard size Ford pick ups had them too, but you will need to fabricate a spacer to get it far enough away from the oil pan to be able to put a decent filter on it.

Jose:)