• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Kits

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Gary,

Please send me your shipping address again. Somehow I keep losing it. I want to send it today, but need that to complete the task. OK?

Jose

Jim E

Donation Time
New order.
Larry G down MS. way has just sent payment for his second V6 kit!

Jose same went in the mail headed your direction today.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to remind all those who have ordered their kit, that it can take between 4 to 6 weeks to receive your kit. Since I don´t have them sitting on the shelf, I have to wait for the parts to be made. I have already paid for them in advance, so have them to sell, in that respect. As an example, I have to wait for 18 to 20 days from ordering, for JEGS to send me the header gaskets I orederd. Thanks for understanding.

Jose

Jim E

Donation Time
New order.
Ian S. has stepped over to the darkside.

There maybe some confusion, not picking on you Ian, but I am not the kit seller I am just helping Jose with the funds since he lives in a place you would not want to mail money to or out of... I wioll also list my mailing address below for sending funds for kit orders. Also and maybe Jose will pipe up on this if I am wrong, but should contact Jose on your order for details and such and to know where we are on production posilbe wait time and any options such as header coating.

Jim E

Donation Time
No silly not that Ian S. seems there is another one out there in Sunbeam land.

Oh yeah forgot to post the adress... arrgg

James Ellis
813 Brandon ave
Columbia SC 29209

lgurley

Donation Time
Hey! guess what, I received my kit :)

Thanks Jose.

Dam UPS man hit me up for $171.00 for duties and taxes!
The same thing happened to me on an unrelated item which I thought had been prepaid. I called U.P.S. and indeed the driver had made an error as their form they deliver on is vague in that respect.
U.P.S. sent me a check for what I had paid the driver.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I´m glad to hear that you finally got your kit.:D How does it look?

You are actually very lucky that you only paid what you did, because another Canadian customer paid over $400 Canadian because of Brokerage (mostly) fees and inport duty. The import duty were like $60.00+, and the rest was brokerage fees. Somebody shoudl shoot these guys.

Jose

Hey! guess what, I received my kit :)

Thanks Jose.

Dam UPS man hit me up for $171.00 for duties and taxes!

Yenko

Donation Time
Interesting kit !!!

Hello, I am new in this Forum and just bought a 1967 Alpine, in a suprisely good shape...very solid.

As I am a muscle car guy, when I bought this Alpine, I had in mind to convert it to an ALGER...Ford 302 with a T5 etc...(already have those sitting in my garage), but I realize that it was a big project...since I heard about V6 JOSE...Looks like the easiest way to convert my Alpine ...

But, the guy who sold me the Alpine, told me that is friend as convert is Alpine with a Honda S2000 and tranny...

Do you know something about this conversions??

By the way, I am french canadian, so I may have some errors in my replies...:p

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Don't know squat about the Honda, but my experience has been the modern high performance fours have very wide intake and exhaust manifolding. For example, I found that in order to install a Ford Duratec 2.3, I had to fabricate a new intake manifold and a "shorty" header. I would expect the same problems with the Honda.

My best advice, carefully measure and decide.

Bill
By the way, I am a citizen of the USA, so I too may have some errors in my replies. Welcome to the board.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Welcome Yenko.
Yes the 2.8 can take an Alpine from tame to mean
By the way I'm a Manitoban Canadian who sometimes makes a mistake

Yenko

Donation Time
Thanks Guys for the welcome,

I spoke with the guy who has convert is Alpine to a S2000, 6 Speed ,Dana44 monster...Sound like it should be easier to make a '27 Ford Roadster from scratch , to do this conversion!!!:confused:
Even, him told me not to go with that trouble...and investissement...more than $20,000...(CDN):eek:

I was wondering if V6 Jose could sell me a full V6 kit...??? I am very serious about this car and this summer I'll go stock, just to have some fun, but in the autumn I should be ready.:cool:

Yenko