• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Kits

blewit

Silver Level Sponsor
2.8 v6 conversion kit

Jose
I would be interested in acquiring one of your 2.8 liter conversions kits. Please email me at rnj@olypen.com
Hi Guys,

I have good news for the guys that have been waiting for their kits. They have been shipped yesterday and the tracking numbers are the following:

MARSHALL LYNCH 1Z7830300348351958

TREVOR KLITTEN 1Z7830300346952124

RUSSELL GORDON 1Z7830300347661339

DAVID JURK 1Z7830300348765369

LARRY GURLEY 1Z7830300346395941

I have been having trouble with the fabricaror not fabricating them for some reason, then getting the orders all confused. They now have said that they are going to make ten sets ahead of time, so that when I order one, it can be shipped immediately. I sincerely apologize for the delays. Hopefully, everything will run smoother from now on.

Those who were missing parts the last time, your parts should be, either already on their way to you, or will be soon.

Jose

sharong

Donation Time
blewit,
I see your email address is with Olypen so you must be out on the Olympic peninsula. I am in Sequim and have done the V6 conversion with Jose’s kit on a series IV. If you would like to see how it works out just let me know.
Sharong

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your help. It is a lot better if the conversion can be seen in person. Thanks again.

Jose

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Yep!! He is missing the first V6 Alpine that he converted and wants another one, to replace it. These V6 Alpines are just too much fun.

Jose

S2kMinx

Donation Time
V6 vs F20C

Hi Yenko,

I think the guy that put the S2000 in his Alpine chose the wrong engine, because Jim beat one of those with his V6 Alpine; and that was before he had the proper rear gears in it. The guy just chose the wrong Alpine.:D The V6 Ford is simply the easiest engine to put into your Alpine. I didn´t plan it that way; it just worked out that the two are just made, one for the other. I recommend building the baddest V6 you can afford, because if you do, you will not miss the V8.

Thanks for sending your e-mail address. Will send the instructions.

Jose

Hey guys, new member here. Just checkin out what you guys have to say about F20C (S2000) conversions. I'm putting one in my '66 Minx backed by the 6sp from the same and a 3.73 D44 with trac-lok.

Though I have no argument against the ford V6 swap (it's a proven winner), I do want to point out one thing regarding the quoted post: When you say a V6 Alpine beat an S2000 I believe that may be very true. However, an S2000 weighs ~1/3 more than the Alpine (Alpine ~2130, S2000 ~2800 - I'm sure you guys will correct me if the Alpine weight is not 100% correct, it's what I came up with on a quick google).

The real question if you want to compare apples to apples is how would a V6 Alpine do against a F20C Alpine in a drag race and AX? Sure there are many other factors such as mods, tuning, and the rest of the cars' set-up. Just food for thought. I realize the V6 is probably more bang for the buck (considering the cost of the F20C) and far less work, but just because someone says they beat an S2000 with one is not the end of the story for the F20C ;)

What do these Ford V6's weight and put out for power? Another Google found this: "Ford Cologne 2.0-2.8 V6 380lbs."

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey guys, new member here. Just checkin out what you guys have to say about F20C (S2000) conversions. I'm putting one in my '66 Minx backed by the 6sp from the same and a 3.73 D44 with trac-lok.

Though I have no argument against the ford V6 swap (it's a proven winner), I do want to point out one thing regarding the quoted post: When you say a V6 Alpine beat an S2000 I believe that may be very true. However, an S2000 weighs ~1/3 more than the Alpine (Alpine ~2130, S2000 ~2800 - I'm sure you guys will correct me if the Alpine weight is not 100% correct, it's what I came up with on a quick google).

The real question if you want to compare apples to apples is how would a V6 Alpine do against a F20C Alpine in a drag race and AX? Sure there are many other factors such as mods, tuning, and the rest of the cars' set-up. Just food for thought. I realize the V6 is probably more bang for the buck (considering the cost of the F20C) and far less work, but just because someone says they beat an S2000 with one is not the end of the story for the F20C ;)

What do these Ford V6's weight and put out for power? Another Google found this: "Ford Cologne 2.0-2.8 V6 380lbs."

Welcome to the forum, F - F.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Most V6 Alpines weigh in at 2,400 lbs. The S2000 should make a nice conversion subject. The Alpine does weigh considerably less than the S2000, so would be at an advantage. The original thought was that the V6 Alpine will outperform cars that cost a lot more. For the money invested, it is hard to beat. I would love to see how well your car runs. Would be fun to race it against Jim´s Vader. I don´t know if Jim would be willing to flog his Alpine, but would be fun if he would. Will you have your car done by the time the Invasion rolls around next year? I would love to see it.

The 2.8 V6 isn´t the only good engine for converting into the Alpine, but is the easiest and cheapest one to install.

Jose

S2kMinx

Donation Time
Welcome to the forum, F - F.
Thank you.

I saw a website showing your build progress a while back, very nice work.
Thanks. Still workin away. I'll get there one day :p

Most V6 Alpines weigh in at 2,400 lbs. The S2000 should make a nice conversion subject. The Alpine does weigh considerably less than the S2000, so would be at an advantage. The original thought was that the V6 Alpine will outperform cars that cost a lot more. For the money invested, it is hard to beat. I would love to see how well your car runs. Would be fun to race it against Jim´s Vader. I don´t know if Jim would be willing to flog his Alpine, but would be fun if he would. Will you have your car done by the time the Invasion rolls around next year? I would love to see it.

The 2.8 V6 isn´t the only good engine for converting into the Alpine, but is the easiest and cheapest one to install.

Jose

You're dead right the v6 alpine is hard to beat for the money from what I've seen/read. Awesome contribution to the community you made with your kits. I may have gone that route if I found you before starting mine, but there's no turning back now!

I would love to see how well my car runs too :eek: :D I can tell you this: the F20C weighs 320lbs and puts out 240hp from the factory. Commonly modded to well over 300hp quite reliably. The 9000rpm redline spells pure fun in a light sportscar.

Until my car is on the road I can only offer this to give an idea of the engine's potential (skip at least the first minute)
That Bimer weighs 3200-3500lbs. Now put that in a 2100-2400lb car :eek:

As for the Invasion, NC is quite a trek for me from Oregon. I'll definitely be taking it to west-coast events ASAP.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
A guy in my MG club has the whole S2000 set up in an MGB/GT. Scary fast. How are you handling the instrument panel part? He had to transfer it all to the B/GT.

According to Edmonds: "Debuting in 2000, the Honda S2000 started life with a 2.0-liter inline-4 that redlined at 9,000 rpm. With 240 hp, it put out more horsepower per liter than any other naturally aspirated engine on the planet."

S2kMinx

Donation Time
A guy in my MG club has the whole S2000 set up in an MGB/GT. Scary fast. How are you handling the instrument panel part? He had to transfer it all to the B/GT.

According to Edmonds: "Debuting in 2000, the Honda S2000 started life with a 2.0-liter inline-4 that redlined at 9,000 rpm. With 240 hp, it put out more horsepower per liter than any other naturally aspirated engine on the planet."

One of the biggest headaches of the swap are all the security "features" built into the ECU requiring the use of the factory ignition tumbler and start button as well as (apparently) the need to run the S2000 cluster.

I am bypassing that entire headache by running an AEM EMS.
baseEMS.jpg

As for the instruments I am going with the Acura RSX-S gauge internals installed into my factory round gauges. The "S" gets me the 9000rpm tach.
yhst-1408381693991_1862_919486

Maybe I should start my own thread on it so I don't take this one too far off topic...? I have a build thread linked in my sig.

Agentwright

Donation Time
joe still around?

so i now this is an old post but i was wondering if you can still get these kits? i read about a guy here in provo utah that "spent long hours on the phone with joe while he talked him through the v6 conversion. i am also in utah and am hoping for the same generousity. any way. i heard joe retired but if ther is any way to do this now i would love to hear it. thanks

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jon,

I still have 6 kits left, although two more guys have said they are going to send in their money. I can have a kit to you within two weeks.

The guy you refer to, is Rob Wiseman, and he not only has a running V6 Alpine, but he´s bought a second kit and is building a second Alpine. The second one has a 2.9 V6 stroker crank and the whole shootin match, so should be a rocket.

Just send me an e-mail, and I will send you ordering instructions.

Jose

so i now this is an old post but i was wondering if you can still get these kits? i read about a guy here in provo utah that "spent long hours on the phone with joe while he talked him through the v6 conversion. i am also in utah and am hoping for the same generousity. any way. i heard joe retired but if ther is any way to do this now i would love to hear it. thanks

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Jose,

Don't tease. I already have one and one in the works..... Please call off the Dark Side force that's pushing me to order a third.....

I'm weak... Reaching for the checkbook.....no... don't make me..