• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Kits

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

As you have heard, I am now able to supply conversion kits, because I found a fabricator. He has given me his quote, which is reasonable for ten sets or more, but not too good in smaller numbers. I want to ask those of you who are planning to definitely buy a kit, to think about doing it now. I have almost the ten needed to get the price break now, but I don't know how long it would take later, to get ten orders together so as to get the break. Below, you will see how the price goes up as the numbers go down. The prices reflect the cost of one kit at the numbers fabricated.

10 sets..... $1540.00

5 sets..... $1,760.00

2 sets..... $2,415.00

1 set...... $3,415.00

As you can see, he isn't interested in making small numbers, so it behooves us to do it in larger lots.

For those who didn't see the new price sheet, I have included it below. If you are interested, please send Jim Ellis and me an e-mail and we will get your order started right away.

11/11/2007

ALPINE V6 CONVERSION PARTS KIT

The conversion kit will only be offered in a complete form, in other words, there won't be a basic kit. This will facilitate ordering and production of the kit, since almost everyone bought all the parts anyway. I have added another part to the kit, (clutch slave cylinder mounting bracket), so that there will be one less thing to worry about, as you put your Alpine together. The kit will contain the following parts for your ease of conversion to a Ford 2.8 V6.

1. Engine motor mounts

2. Transmission support crossmember

3. Equal length tubular headers

4. Alternator bracket

5. Modified center link

6. Clutch slave cylinder mounting bracket

Kit: $1,485.00
Shipping: $55.00
Total $ 1,540.00

You will notice that the modified thermostat housing and pilot bearing adapter aren’t offered. That is because I recommend using the T5 from a 1996 or later Mustang with the 3.8 V6. If you still want to use one of the earlier T5’s, I can send you the contact information for the guy that made them for me. He will be happy to supply you with what you need. Be sure to let him know which transmission you will be using, I4, or V8, because they use different bearings. The thermostat housing mcan still be modified by my old fabricator. You just need to tell him if you intend on using your heater, and he will modify it accordingly.

To order your kit, Send two postal money orders, ( the limit for a postal money order is $1,000, so you'll need two), to

James Ellis
813 Brandon Ave.
Columbia, SC 29209

Please make them out to Maria Rodriguez (my wife). Jim will deposit them to my wife's account. I have to do this, because Pay Pal has locked my accounts, because of a supposed problem with someone with my name. I will have to do this till I get it all straightened out. To those outside the states, that may have to use Pay Pal, add three percent for using Jim's pay pal account. That is what Pay Pal charges Jim for every trans action. If you need to do this, please send me an e-mail and I will send you Jim's account number.

I'm happy to finally be able to supply you with a kit, so you can work on your Alpine over the winter, when it's too cold to go outside. Please send me your response as soon as possible, so we can get the right price for ordering in volume.

Jose:)

britbeam

Donation Time
Good to see the DARK SIDE lives on.Get those V6 Alpines on the road.You just dont know how much fun a twistie road can be until youve taken a ride in a DARK SIDE Alpine.
Dwain V6 Krazy

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

The latest information on the kits is, that the headers that were not to be coated, should be on their way to the guys that wanted them in black shipping paint. The other headers were sent to the coaters, and I sent each one that was going to get them coated, the contact information for the shop that does it. As soon as they are done, Brad will ship them to each customer.

I spoke with the fabricator for the rest of the kit parts, and he had a couple of questions about the transmission support crossmember. Neither he nor I, want to make bad parts, so I will be shipping him an original one, so he can make them exactly the same as the ones before. he should have the part by Monday, and he says he should have the parts done by Friday of next week. He wiil ship as soon as they are done. Hang in there guys. You'll have the kit soon.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Jose. I got the oil filter adaptor last week, so all I need now is the T-5 and driveshaft. (And put the '66 back together.) So what is this reference to the Dark Side about?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Thanks Jose. I got the oil filter adaptor last week, so all I need now is the T-5 and driveshaft. (And put the '66 back together.) So what is this reference to the Dark Side about?
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Some of the stock fans, were saying that those who converted their Alpines to the V6 configuration, were somehow "Sinister". This was bantered about in a friendly manner and someone said something about being influenced by the dark side. We V6'ers took it up, and is now the easiest way to identify ourselves.

I hope you get your T5 and driveshaft soon, so you can begin working on assemblint it.

Jose

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
OK Guys,

Here's the latest info on the progress of the kits. I spoke with the fabricator yesterday, and he said he expected to have them done by next Tuesday, He will begin shipping them as soon as they are done.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Thanks Jose, got the headers yesterday and they do look great w/ the coating.
Hi Doug,

The header guy said he was going to make the pipes a one piece thing rather than the welded together U bend sections. Are the pipes one piece? This guy is the fellow that originally made the headers and the fixtures on which they are being made currently. he does great quality work, so know they will work perfectly for you.

Jose :)

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Oh yes, as far s I can tell the pipes are from one piece rather than each pipe being made up from sections.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Well Guys,

Here is the latest on the kits. Last Friday, I received the following e-mail from the fabricator. I have copied the whole thing, so you can understand what is going on.

YOUR ORDER‏
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 7:36:57 PM
To: Jose Rodriguez (mejarodriguez@hotmail.com)

JOSEGOOD AFTERNOON. IT IS WEDNESDAY THE 6th OF FEBRUARY. JIM AND I GOTYOUR ORDER OUT TO THE SHOP LAST WEEK BUT WE HAVE RUN INTO A SNAG. FRIDAY AFTERNOON THE OWNERS OF THE COMPANY HAD A MEETING WITH THEIRLEGAL DEPARTMENT AND AFTER DELIBERATING WITH THE ATTORNEYS IT WASDECIDED THAT WE CANNOT MAKE THESE PARTS FOR YOU WITHOUT ENGINERREDDRAWINGS FROM YOU. IF WE WERE TO MAKE THE PARTS FROM FIXTURES ADSAMPLES IT WOULD CREATE TOO MUCH OF A LIABILITY RISK FOR OUR COMPANY. IHAVE SPOKEN WITH THE OWNERS BUT THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK IFSOMETHING WERE TO FAIL AND RESULT IN LEGAL ACTIONS. IF YOU WERE TOFURNISH US WITH ENGINEERED DRAWINGS I THINK THERE WOULD NOT BE ANY PROBLEMS.I HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR DRAGGING THIS OUT THIS LONG TO END UP IN THISSITUATION BUT I AM ONLY AN EMPLOYEE WORKING FOR THE COMPANY. I AGREETHAT THIS ISSUE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEALT WITH LONG AGO. IF YOU HAVE ANYQUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT JOHN SHOEMAKER OUR SALESMANAGER. IF YOU CONTACT JOLENE AGTUCA WHO IS ONE OF THE OWNERS AND OURBOOKKEEPER AND MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO GET YOUR MONEY RETURNED TO YOU.AGAIN I OFFER MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES FOR THIS SITUATION.

Later that afternoon, I received the next e-mail from him.

JOSE...I MAY HAVE ANOTHER COMPANY THAT COULD DO YOUR PARTS. IT'S A SMALL SHOPBUT I HAVE KNOWN THE OWNER FOR 10 YEARS. HE DOES FABRICATION AND ISREALLY GOOD ON WELDING. I WILL BE TALKING TO HIM THIS AFTERNOON AND LETYOU KNOW WHAT I FIND OUTTHANKSLARRY

I am going to propose to Larry, that they make the individual pieces and then supply them to the new fabricator. That way, it won´t take as long to get them built.

I hope you guys will be patient with me. I had waited since October, waiting for him to send me a quote, then waited till now, thinking it was just a matter of a little while and we´d have our parts, but then this. I am going back to Seattle the end of March, to get all this straightened out. We will have kit parts if it kills me. They will be first rate, like all the parts I´ve sold.

If someone decides he wants his money back and not get the rest of the kit parts, just send me an e-mail and I will send back the money that pertains to those parts.

Sorry for all the time we have waited for these parts, but you will get them as soon as I can get them made for you.

Jose

lgurley

Donation Time
V6 Alpine

Jose,
My secretary bought the money orders Friday. They will be in the mail tomorrow.
I will need some help to know what kind of Ford to look for the engine and transmission from etc.

Thanks

Larry

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Surely there are folks on this site who can provide engineered drawings for the parts. We ain't strong on poets, but we surely have lots of engineers!

Sam

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Jose,
I will need some help to know what kind of Ford to look for the engine and transmission from etc.

Thanks

Larry
Hi Larry,

If you will send me an e-mail, I will send you a detailed list of the diferent vehicles you can find a 2.8 V6 in. I will also list the transmissions that are available and the drive shaft you should use too.

Thanks for your confidence in me.

Jose :D

miket

Donation Time
Jose,

Creating drawing shouldn't be difficult. I use a cad program called cadstd (www.cadstd.com). the basic version is fee and the pro version is under $50.

I've been using it for renovations etc.

Actually, the way I read it now. they want drawing that have an engineers approval (or stamp). You probably have a neighbor who is an engineer that could review your drawing and stamp them.

It's very easy to use. if you need some help, let me know.

Good luck.

Mike

Jose,

Thanks

Larry

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I already have a friend who has offered to do some for me. He will make them with Cad-Cam. The best news might be that the company that was going to make the kit parts, is willing to make the individual parts and another company will do the actual assembly (welding). That way they can get away from the liability issue. I am waiting to hear from them, so I can get this going again.

Jose :D