• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Kits

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Alfredo,

Would you send them back to me, since you don't need them and I gave you a reduced price because you weren't supposed to get them. The fabricator sent them to you by mistake. Please send them to:

Jose Rodriguez
6802 River Grove St.
Bakersfield, CA 93308

I hope you get your Alpine running soon, so you'll have it for the summer season.

Jose

Hi Jose! The kit I ordered is different as I do not need the transmission support. I am installing an automatic transmission and I assumed that the the one you are shipping would not help. I fabricated mine at home. By the way I received today the base for the clutch slave cilinder, that I will not need either. If someone wants it, feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot Alfredo J.

Jim E

Donation Time
Got my bracket today also, looks good. I am going to check fitment on a block I have out back.

Also recieved kit payment from Ed S. today will forward same tomorrow.

Figured I would post here when payment arrives so it is known.

Ed you are on the path to the dark side!

miket

Donation Time
Jose, you may know this. But for shipments to Canada. Indicate Antique auto parts. Made in USA. There should be no duty, but there will be sales tax.
Mike

Jim E

Donation Time
Check the clutch slave bracket on the block I have for fitment and the holes to mount it to the block are off about 1/4 inch. Pretty simple for those who have one of these just egg the holes about an 1/8 each one so the hole spacing is wider.

The holes it screws to on the block look to be 2 1/4 inch on center and the bracket is just a touch over 2 inches on center.

Minor pain in the neck and I am sure we can get the next batch correct. For us with the too narrow spacing I would just egg the holes a little with a die grinder or such. No worries about strength this thing has plenty of meat in it.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
kit/motor mount

I had a bit of trouble w/ the bolt threading into the big washer w/ nut. The nuts were off center just enough to make it real tight and booger the thread some but I don't think the nut will break off as the weld is very strong. Maybe having the bolt in place while welding the nut would help center it better.
Just a thought.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Thanks for the information Guys,

I will be back in Bakersfield the end of March and will make sure that all these little things are fixed. I will send the bolt pattern to them by e-mail and it will be easy for them to program the plasma cutter to make them as needed.

Jim, Can you give me the exact dimension for these holes? I don't want to ask them to change it, only to find out it is still a bit off. Thanks for all your help in refining the kits.

Jose

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Nick,

I will be back on March 29th and will be in Bakersfield till the 3rd of April. I will then go to Riverside, California for another few weeks till the 23rd of April, when I will be going to Walla Walla, Washington. I will be there till May 7th and then return to Riverside, California. I will be there till the 28th of May, when I will be returning to Colombia.

I would love to meet with anyone that will be close to where I might be at any particular time, while I'm there. Would be great to meet you Nick, but you'd have to come to Cal. You could stay with us wherever I am. We could have a great time talking Alpines, and if you would come on a week end, when there are some drag races going on, I would love for you to come along with me.

Jose

Jose,

How long you plan to be in country?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Jose,

I will try.

Unbelievable... The Arizona Cardinals are in the NFC Championship Game...:eek:

sd_pace

Donation Time
Jose
too bad you cant come through Atlanta GA ... I could talk your ears off... and you could stay at my house and see all the Southeast guys :D

i do need some help with the salisbury axle refit

steve

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Steve,

When I was looking for tickets for the trip, I found a ticket that was going to go through Atlanta, with a 9 hour lay over. I was going to go that way, because I wanted to spend some time with Dwain Cooke and whoever wanted to come meet me at the airport, but then I found a cheaper flight with a direct flight to L.A. from Bogota. Maybe the next time I will make a couple of stops to visit you guys in Atlanta, and on the way back stop to see my cousin in Costa Rica.

Jose :)

Jose
too bad you cant come through Atlanta GA ... I could talk your ears off... and you could stay at my house and see all the Southeast guys :D

i do need some help with the salisbury axle refit

steve

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Thanks Steve,

It is always nice to have friends fight over hosting me.:D I appreciate your friendship and hope to see all of you at next year's Invasion. After all, I want to witness Jan Servaieties racing Jim Ellis' Darth vader with his stock Tiger. I can't miss that.

Jose :)

Alway plenty of room for you here! .. and you are always a welcome guest any time at all.....

steve

Jim E

Donation Time
Chris D. got your payment and will forward same to Jose.

Guys a word and question or two about coating the headers....

Has anyone fit the new headers on a car yet? just wondering about fitment. With the old school kit headers at least on my set there was a spot that could have used a dimple to make the header bolts easier to tighten. This was just one bolt that I had to use an open end wrench on because there was not room enough to fit a box or socket, betweeen the botl head and the tube. The other issue I had was my headers rusted after about a year. We were told this is due to the amopunt of time that passed between the coating and when I finally got the car running to cure the coating. Seems the coating absorbs some water when it is not been thru the curing process. More or less need to be on a car and heat cycled a time or two. By the way the coating guy is stand up about the rust freckle issue I have and offered to caot them again for free.
So guess I am wondering if having the headers coated before you fit them is a good idea, just incase they need a ding or dimple or you decide to install an O2 sensor or some such. By the way it is not unusal to have to dimple a set of headers for fitment, any set. Then there is the time and curing factor. Also you will be putting these things on and off the car at least three times and are almost certain to chip the coating. Just something I was thinking about...

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
If the headers are stored inside the house, they will not rust. One of my other customers placed his headers inside a clear plastic bag while fitting the engune in the car. He didn't scratch them.

The reason I suggest getting them coated when they are done, is that the guy that coats them is doing them for my friends and customers, at my wholesale price. I don't mark them up, so is the reason that he gives the guys that price. I can do it any way that the customer wants, but if the customer is careful, he won't hurt them. As far as the dimpling of the tube to give more clearance, I don't recommend doing that. It is too easy to damage the tube, by dimpling them too much, which can restrict the flow. I guess that if someone isn't too confident that they can put them on without damaging the coating, it might be best to do them later.

Jose

Gitsmart

Donation Time
Jose, what is the status of my kit? if it is shipped please pm my tracking number, if it is not shipped please let me know when it will be shipped.

Gary