• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Kits

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Well guys,

I think I have good news. I just received an e-mail from my niece, saying that she went to the fabricator and asked to see the boss. The boss' secretary came over and asked her if she could help her. When my niece told her what was happening, she said she would take care of it. The salesman that was supposed to be handling this, said he couldn't find tracking numbers, but found four kits boxed and ready to ship. Sounds like the salesman received a good scolding.:D The secretary took charge and shipped the kits herself. She says that she will be in charge of shipping the parts from now on, plus she will be making sure that the salesman is doing what he should. They were supposedly shipped on the tenth of December, so please let me know if/when you receive your kit.

The thing that keeps me from being delirously happy right now, is that there should have been five kits ready to ship. I will hold my breath till I hear that they have actually been received. I will be talking to my niece by phone, so I can get all the information in detail. If this is true, we all will be getting an early Christmas present.

Jose :D

Alfredo

Donation Time
I got my kit today! It looks great! Time to roll-up the sleeves, light the heater in the garage and get to work. My hat off to Jose. He made this possible and a lot of guys happy. Alfredo

Jim E

Donation Time
Mine came this morning, gave it quick look and seems nice made. Think the tie rod ends have not been cut down, did they change the cross tube so that is no longer required to chop them down a bit?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

If they were to do that, The ends of the rod would hit the top bolts of the bellhousing. I think they just forgot or didn't want to do it. I will have someone else do it properly and back charge them for it. I apologize to all who have gotten unmodified ones. They need to bemodified to work as designed.

Jose

Mine came this morning, gave it quick look and seems nice made. Think the tie rod ends have not been cut down, did they change the cross tube so that is no longer required to chop them down a bit?

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
tie rods ends

Jose, how much has to be taken off the threaded end? Does the small end have to be docked as well?
Doug

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Doug,

Usually, the Fiesta tie rod end comes with a 2" threaded hole for the adjusting rod to thread into. All you need of the threaded hole is 1", so cut off any excess over that. The threaded hole end is the only thing you need to modify. Don't change anything else. When you cut the end, it will bolt together easily, then you just replace the old center link with it.

Jose :)

Jose, how much has to be taken off the threaded end? Does the small end have to be docked as well?
Doug

Jim E

Donation Time
When you put the rod ends on the center link it needs to be the same length as the stock cross tube, hole to hole, you shorten the rod ends so you can get the length short enough. As i undersrtand it.

Jose you get a chance to look into the slace bracket thing.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

The modified center link must be the same length, pin to pin, as the stock link. It is the reason that we shorten the tie rod end, so that we can accomplish that, without shortening the distance between the two curves of the bar. If we didn't do that, we would have the end of the curves, hitting the two top bolts of the bellhousing, which would limit the travel, lock to lock.

Jose

When you put the rod ends on the center link it needs to be the same length as the stock cross tube, hole to hole, you shorten the rod ends so you can get the length short enough. As i undersrtand it.

Jose you get a chance to look into the slace bracket thing.

AlpineII

Donation Time
Jose,
Great news! My kit arrived just as I got home from work tonight. :D I am just doing inventory and seeing what all is there. Santa came a little early for me this year! :D

Gitsmart

Donation Time
Jose,
Great news! My kit arrived just as I got home from work tonight. :D I am just doing inventory and seeing what all is there. Santa came a little early for me this year! :D

that's promising, I'm in Canada as well, hopefully I'll see mine Monday. :D