• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

Wire Wheels

Anyone know of any bolt-on wire wheels in 15 x 5.5-6" or similar that fit the 4 x 4.25" stud pattern of the Tiger/Alpine and will take the power? I've had experience back in the 80's with Truespoke 14x7 with 5x 4.75" PCD, but prefer not having to re-drill the front hubs and use Jag rear hubs etc.
  2. R

Head Light Rims

Has anyone looked at making head light rims on a 3D printer?
  3. R

Hard Top S1-11

Need a S1-11 hardtop and screen frame etc for a race car project. Need to get to Calif for shipping to NZ. Russ deltagolf 'at' xtra.co.nz
  4. R

Headlight Rims

Anyone know of repro 60's chromed peaked headlight rims? Russ
  5. R

Tiger Front Suspension

Old thread I know, but does anyone have any info or specs on the various front suspension upgrades done over the years. Specifically do all parts need making from scratch or are Mustang 11 A arms, spindles etc being used? Also has anyone made mods to the factory beam with success? cheers...
  6. R

Anyone Know This Car?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4561225019.html
  7. R

Door Glass Re-install

I'm putting new glass in the doors along with new ant-rattle and outside weather strips along with new clips. What is the best order to fit? The gap is quite small if the strips are fitted first and hard to fit if the glass is fitted first, and of course trying not to scratch the new glass.
  8. R

Tiger Carb

What's the best replacement for an original 2-barrel carburetor on a stock engine?
  9. R

Tiger Bump Steering

Does anyone know what the factory bump steering run-out in mm was on a Tiger with original rack and with the MG Midget rack with MGB arms? On the latter setup the rack arms are straight, not bent like the original. Russ
  10. R

SV V6 Alpine

Anyone know of this car? Been for sale for a while. bt3fw-3808936479@sale.craigslist.org
  11. R

Tiger Fan Shroud

Anyone found a shroud that can be adapted to fit a Tiger radiator? cheers Russ
  12. R

Alpine at Classic Car Studio

Anyone know the history or condition of the 68 SV Alpine at the Classic Car Studio that's been offered a number of times at around $16k?
  13. R

S1V-SV rolling shell

in the market for a rolling body shell that's rust free, dents ok but not rust. email deltagolf@xtra.co.nz
  14. R

SV Soft Top Problems

Got no soft top cover with my SV car so bought a new one. Can anyone tell me exactly how it fastens? I have removed the padded roll that goes all the way around the top of the back stowage panel. This is aluminium and held on by 8 NC 1/4 bolts that bolted through from the back. Removing this pad...
  15. R

Tacho Problem

Have 2 tachos, both work properly on bench test. In the car both read correctly until around 2500rpm and then don't read properly with increased revs. Running Bosch Sports coil with resistor, Mallory twin point with silicon leads and a Bosch Super Inductive branded coil to dizzy lead. I seem...
  16. R

Gas Tank Lining

I have an Eastwood gas tank kit to renew the lining but having great trouble in getting the old stuff out. Eastwood say to use acetone but it's not doing the job. Has anyone travelled this route before and can give me some advice?
  17. R

Wanted Electrical Items

Hi Guys looking for: all the dash instrument lights with the sml loom they use, turn flasher unit relay, panel light switch or similar. Russ bowls@bowlsdirect.co.nz
  18. R

Tiger pulleys

Hi Guys anyone know where I can get the fan and crank pulley for a Tiger? Most modern ones have the wrong offset. Russ
  19. R

Steering wheel hub

Guys I have pulled all the broken plastic shroud off the steering wheel hub and see the make-up is really quite basic and and now want to put the original 5/8" x 36 spline centre to good use with an aftermarket wheel. Since the original is welded in 3 places I have no qualms about welding an...
  20. R

Tiger inner fender panels.

Anyone wrecked a Tiger and has the panels that go on the inner fender that the firewall support bars bolt onto? Russ