• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Carb

alpine_64

Donation Time
You want to keep a 2bbl? or you want to switch to a 4bbl?

opinions on brands vary.. there are Edelbrock and holley 2bbls available from summit that are decent compared to the autolite..

is the motor stock, do you want larger dfm?

Do you want to go for more power.. you dont feel like rebuilding the original carb?

RHFG

Donation Time
Motor is a stock 260, car belongs to a local guy who has no knowledge of things mechanical. I want to advise him of the options that will bolt right onto what's there without hiccups. I put a Holley 1850 on my old Tiger 30 years ago and was fine. Probably over done a little, a 390 would maybe be better? Importing into NZ was a lot more difficult back then so I purchased what was available here.

I have put same carb on my current car and had huge off-idle flat spot issues all due to the air bleed hole size being made smaller on the latter models, something to do with emission regs in some States I think. Was all fixed by drilling them out and upping the main jets to 68 as the motor is a 302.

The average owner doesn't feel comfortable about buying a new carb only to have to pull the front metering block and modify factory setup just to get the thing to even run right. The warranty is sort of stuffed right at the start.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
JEGS.Com had 4 BBL Intakes for the 260 Ford engines in a cost range of 156.00 cast finish to $206.00 Polished finish (page 85 of their latest catalog.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
motor is a 302

Years ago I has a 650 w/the so called trick kit on my 302 Tiger. It was however C4 auto. And no, that is how I bought it.
It was a Corvette killer and I never had a problem w/ it in the 5 years I drove it as daily driver.