• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Steering wheel hub

RHFG

Donation Time
Guys

I have pulled all the broken plastic shroud off the steering wheel hub and see the make-up is really quite basic and and now want to put the original 5/8" x 36 spline centre to good use with an aftermarket wheel. Since the original is welded in 3 places I have no qualms about welding an adpter plate to it in order to run the original horn pick-up and ring.
Anyone done it before and can give me some thoughts and what steering wheel is the best to work with? Also is a dished or flat steering wheel prefered by A/T owners

Russ

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Steering Wheel

Russ:

We machined every thing off the spline and them welded a ring to it , we
then machined an alum, hub and pressed the two together this allows the adjuster to be inside the hub like stock send me an e mail if you like and I,ll send off a picture. jkgriffs@yahoo.com we also used a Grant wheel and by the way the older RX7 Mazda hub from Grant will work.

Joel