• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. buckalpine3

Fuel can cleanup

I just bought a couple used metal fuel containers including 1 labeled “diesel”. Is there a good way environmentally and cost wise to clean and use for gas storage. We are planning use for the Trans Labrador Highway this summer. Dave
  2. buckalpine3

Car wash

Any advice for washing the Alpine with the top down while keeping interior dry?
  3. buckalpine3

Tool pouch and tools

For Sale: Original tool pouch and most of the tools. Make offer pm available
  4. buckalpine3

SV clutch MC

Clutch MC from ‘67 SV. Make offer.
  5. buckalpine3

Capri Ghia wheels

Capri Ghia 13 x 6 wheels 4 x 108 bolt pattern in great shape and run true $200
  6. buckalpine3

Alpines in literature

I was reading the new autobiography by author Armistead Maupin which contained a nice picture of his Alpine (from the late 60's) and described some of the debaucheries in the same. Always looking for them in old movies or books.
  7. buckalpine3

Parts from Tiger Auto

Tiger Auto is closing the shop in Dayton and have lots of Alpine and Tiger parts for sale. Dougie said there are doors, hoods, trunklids, hardtops, 1725 blocks, etc. Give a call 937 252 3317.
  8. buckalpine3

D-Day

Wifey-dear and I have been enjoying a wonderful vacation in Europe. We visited the Normandie American cemetery to see the grave of her great uncle and were greatly humbled by the sacrifice of so many. I have never seen so many Jeeps, half tracks, command cars, and trucks of that era well...
  9. buckalpine3

Final Toast

This weekend Dick Cole, Robert Hite, Edward Saylor and David Thatcher will break open the 1896 Hennessy Very Special cognac for the final toast of the Doolittle Raiders at the Air Force National Museum at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. These four survivors of a group of very brave...
  10. buckalpine3

Car shows 5/18, 5/19

Car show benefiting the British Transportation Museum at the Second Street Market in Dayton 5/18 beginning at 0900. The British Car Day at Polaris in Columbus begins at 0900 at Quaker Steak and Lube Columbus. Weather looks nice for the weekend.
  11. buckalpine3

New to the darkside

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ayi6rg05e1f8wni/DSCN0820.JPG '64 Series lV with 2.8 Ford V6 and T5 5-speed.
  12. buckalpine3

For Sale '66 Tiger/'67 SV

I would like to sell either my 1966 Mk 1a Tiger 54,000 miles very original except non-Sunbeam red paint (2005) with new carpet, interior, convertible top, boot and front suspension, or my 1967 original SV B395017071 LRX with 16,500 miles color code 122. Both cars are rust and repair-free and...
  13. buckalpine3

British Return

The British return to Fort Meigs car show 6/6/10 in Perrysburg, Ohio.
  14. buckalpine3

Showtime

Upcoming events include the British Car Day at the Second St. Market, Dayton 5/15/10; the Central Ohio British Car Council's British Car Day XXVI Columbus 5/16/10; the British Car Day Cincinnati 7/18/10; the Dayton British Car Day 8/7/10. Dave
  15. buckalpine3

Doolittle Anniversary

Yesterday afternoon 17 B-25's flew over my house in formation. What a sight and the sound of those radials was sweet. They were doing a flyover of the Wright Patterson Air Force Museum to commemorate the anniversary of the Doolittle raid over Tokyo. My brother was able to take a ride in one...
  16. buckalpine3

great idea

http://www.gifbin.com/982735 enjoy.
  17. buckalpine3

Hope in Massachusetts?

Will there be a ray of hope in Massachusetts tomorrow or will the Democrat machine just get all the buses ready to get the masses to the polls?
  18. buckalpine3

Heater core drain??

Just to the right of where the throttle cable goes throught the firewall I have an outlet not attached to hose and is at the bottom of a box which I think is the heater core. I have had some heat from that area when driving and upon inspection there was some moisture dripping on the carpet...
  19. buckalpine3

Muffler question

To the best of my knowledge my ''66 M1a had stainless mufflers and pipes installed in 2003. I can't tell what brand or type of muffler. The car sounds okay but a somewhat loud and higher pitched than I would prefer. I would like a deeper Mustang-like rumble. Is this just the sound from a 260...
  20. buckalpine3

Classic car show

Car show to benefit Ronald McDonald House at McDonalds off Wilmington Pike near the exit from I-675 Saturday 8/29/09 from 4-8 p.m.