• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Doolittle Anniversary

buckalpine3

Donation Time
Yesterday afternoon 17 B-25's flew over my house in formation. What a sight and the sound of those radials was sweet. They were doing a flyover of the Wright Patterson Air Force Museum to commemorate the anniversary of the Doolittle raid over Tokyo. My brother was able to take a ride in one of the B-25's that flew in early to Grimes Field in Urbana. It cost $400 for 30 minutes but well worth the cost.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
They flew over my house too, and then they made a second pass about a mile west of me (Over Woodman drive)
Jan

skywords

Donation Time
My favorite variant is the Wright 2600 with short stacks. Makes a cackling sound when idling.

My buddy Maj just flew his Douglas A4 Skyhawk after a five year restoration.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jeepers, is it flat there in Ohio or what!

Well, its not that flat. All of the footage was shot at Wright Patterson Airfield and its flatness has been technically augmented. In fact, the general area has some pretty decent hills. Nothing like you have, though.

Bill