• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hope in Massachusetts?

buckalpine3

Donation Time
Will there be a ray of hope in Massachusetts tomorrow or will the Democrat machine just get all the buses ready to get the masses to the polls?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I'm waiting to see the "Absentee" ballots. I'm sure they've registered everyone who's been listed in the obits in the last 4 years. Worked in Chicago..

wipeout

Donation Time
anything is possible with these guys, especially with ACORN involved. win or lose though, the fact he's in contention is remarkably heart warming. :)

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I heard the Union big wigs were going to be there "encouraging" people to get out and vote.

Nickodell

Donation Time
112,000 "registered" Mass voters are dead. Several tens of thousands are known or suspected to be registered in more than one voting precinct (this is not confined to Mass) because Dems have managed to prevent laws requiring voter I.D. being passed in almost every state. Nobody knows how many illegals will vote, or how many will follow the old Dem political mantra of "Vote early: Vote often."

Even if Brown wins, despite the polls unlikely where Dems outnumber Reps by 3:1, the Mass. Secretary of State has promised to delay his certification for the maximum time, two weeks, even then he has to be confirmed and sworn in by the US Senate before he can cast the 41st. vote to support a filibuster. You can be sure that Harry Reid will spin that out as long as possible. All this despite the same Mass Sec. of State having certified a Dem. Congresswoman two days after a special election, whom the House Dem. majority immediately swore in to vote on a key Dem. Bill.

All in all, with a combination of Dem delaying tactics, it could be March before Brown would be able to derail Obamacare. In the meantime, the Dems have several choices to ram that abomination through. The most likely: the House accepts the Senate version as is, despite its conflicts with the House version, with a promise from Dem leadership to fix these later.

And even if a miracle occurs, and the Republicans somehow manage to delay the vote until Brown is sworn in, the Dems can, and will, force it through by bastardizing the Reconciliation Process, which has nothing to do with health care (it was introduced to prevent a filibuster from stopping the passage of a budget) but only needs 51 votes.

The Hill reports that Democrats are “eyeing a parliamentary maneuver to sidestep the Senate’s filibuster rules to pass healthcare if they lose their supermajority.” And Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said Monday, "Let's remove all doubt, we will have healthcare one way or another."

Likewise, Republican leadership are expecting Democrats to pull out the stops to pass health care reform in the event of a Brown victory. "It's pretty clear that they're going to use every trick imaginable ... to shove this down the throats of the American people," House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said on Monday.

Heritage’s Director of U.S. Senate Relations, Brian Darling, explains that if Brown wins today, Democrats will have two options:

“One would be for the House to take up and pass Obamacare with reconciliation being used as a technical corrections mechanism to allow Democrats to avoid a filibuster in the Senate. Option two would be to drop Obamacare and finally understand that the American people want Congress to scrap this version of health care reform and start over.”

Get used to it. It's going to happen.

And here’s what the execrable Keith Olberman of the rapidly sinking MSNBC thinks (hey Keith, don’t be shy; tell us what you really think):

http://www.thefoxnation.com/massach...brown-homophobic-racist-teabagging-misogynist

How about that Dem candidate, Martha Coakely, Keith? You know, the one who let a moster who had raped a 2-year-old with a hot curling iron out without bail, and as he had political friends was going to ask for a light sentence? Or the totally innocent (as it turned out) people running a day care center who were subject to a modern Salem Witch Trial on bogus accusations of child abuse (pressured by prosecution psychologists to say they were abused, the children repeatedly said no, until finally breaking and agreeing, some of them describing being sexually abused by goats, monsters with tails and horns or creatures coming down from planets, etc.)

Attorney General Coakely pressed the trial for political purposes (hysterical parentls) and put the innocent day care center people in jail for long sentences. How did that grab you, Keith? Why so silent?

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
...Or the totally innocent (as it turned out) people running a day care center who were subject to a modern Salem Witch Trial on bogus accusations of child abuse (pressured by prosecution psychologists to say they were abused, the children repeatedly said no, until finally breaking and agreeing, some of them describing being sexually abused by goats, monsters with tails and horns or creatures coming down from planets, etc.)

Attorney General Coakely pressed the trial for political purposes (hysterical parentls) and put the innocent day care center people in jail for long sentences. How did that grab you, Keith? Why so silent?

Here is an article from Psycology Today, (I don't think PT is considered a republican hate rag) about Coakleys part in keeping innocent people in jail, in order to further her political goals.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...odern-witch-hunting-ritual-child-sexual-abuse

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
The Dems are beginning to attack each other. They are blaming each other rather than admitting they are now facing a referendum of the People.

Keith Overdone and Rachel Madcow are already whining.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
He drives a truck just like me, he can't be that bad...cool man
capt.2efda8bf366c43249704deef7d562b73.massachusetts_senate_brown_marb105.jpg

wipeout

Donation Time
Pelosi: "We don't care, one way or another, we're passing the reform."

The only thing that disturbs me about Brown is his comment that he thinks we need to go back and "fix this bill" concerning Health Care. Screw "fixing" it, scrap the thing.

The Feds only concern should be allowing states, like Texas has already done, to address tort reform and allow the purchasing of insurance across state lines.

I hope Brown demands approval asap and doesn't allow the Govenor and the Senate to stall his appointment.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yeah, but they have this "Just pass it, we'll fix it later" mentality that scares me. Plus the idea of Fast-Tracking or the Nuclear Option that would not need the 60 votes. Or the House could just accept it as is from the Senate and pass the thing with out change so it wouldn't come back up for a volte in the Senate. But then that would negate the "Sweet" deal the "O" made with the Unions.

Nickodell

Donation Time
I stayed up until 11:30 watching the event and later commentators; I had hoped for a mini-revolt by common sense voters but doubted it could occur in MA, the bastian of liberalism. The Liberal left, brain dead Reid and Frisco foolish Pelosi, still do not get it.

Brown's 2 daughters (wow) were vividly attractive and obviously very smart, with one in pre-med and the other a winner on American Idol plus being a noted collegiate basketball player. And Brown's wife looks nothing like her age and is a radio/TV executive. Several liberal "fish wrapper" papers had story on back page. Our own, the Philadelphia Inquirer, was MUM! No editorial about the most earth-shattering political event in decades. Obviously they are sitting in a dark place sucking their thumbs.

I think Obama and his corrupt "Czar advisors," his administration with out-of-control spending, back- & closed-door Democratic dealings, bribery for votes, loss of control on terrorists, and a vision goal with blinders to shut out anything but their focused liberal party ideology will be the demise of our country unless more "Tea Party" independents take hold of the reins.

I liked Obama scoffing at Brown for driving a truck and Brown saying the truck had 201,000 mile on the odometer and he was going to drive it to Washington. That is a great commercial for GM!

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I stayed up late to watch CNN and MSNBC. (I figured why watch FOX? They would be preaching to the choir to me.)

I got a kick out of them potshotting each other as to who's fault the loss was. I loved the "How could this happen?" mentality. They miss the point. We're tired of the bribes, sweetheart deals excluding their friends from what they want to force on us.

Looking forward to November.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
There are several clips replacing the subtitles with varying themes from pizza delivery to you name it. All are very funny.

socorob

Donation Time
Well, apparently the dems were upset about Scott brown winning in mass and sending the stock market up on the news of his election. Obama countered by cracking down on banks to send the stock market back down where he seems to think it belongs. Change is here.