• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. RunnerDuck

Battery Cover Fastener

Does anyone know what these fasteners are called or where I might get four of them? They are for holding down the battery cover on my S1. Thanks, Ken
  2. RunnerDuck

S1 Oil Filter Large Top Washer

I desperately looking for the large top washer for my S1 Oil Filter. It's the one that is cone shaped. Thanks in advance, Ken
  3. RunnerDuck

Oil Filter Parts

In the 30 years my S1 has been apart I've managed to lose a few things. The latest are some parts for my oil filter unit. It's a Tecalemite and I'm missing the Center Bolt Assembly items 105 through 100, I have the bolt I just need the washer and spring. If anyone should have these it sure...
  4. RunnerDuck

S1 Right Door Catch

Does anyone have a good Door Catch for the Right door of a Series 1? Mine broke. Thanks, Ken
  5. RunnerDuck

S1 Intake Manifold Question

I'm continuing with my 30 year reassembly project and I seem to be missing a part. It's what they call the "Banjo" that goes on the intake manifold. I've talked to people who say most owners just bypass the manifold heating. If that's the case what would the plumbing arrangement me. Again it's...
  6. RunnerDuck

Unidentified Object

After being apart for 30 years I'm finally putting my S1 back together. I found a part that I can't identify or know where it goes. Hopefully one you you will recognize it.
  7. RunnerDuck

Series 1 Seat Foam

SS use to have new foam for the front seats but they no longer have it for S1's. Does anyone know of a good source for foam that is pre-cut and fits well?
  8. RunnerDuck

Mystery Fitting

I am putting my 1960 SI back together after thirty years of being apart. Believe it or not I've been successful at finding almost all parts because I did a good job of marking them. I stumbled upon a fitting that I have no idea where it goes. I asked Rick McLeod at Sunbeam Specialties and he...
  9. RunnerDuck

Torque Confusion

I'm a little confused with the torque specs and how they are called out. An example is for the Trunnion. There are two nuts on it and there appears to be two different torque values but it doesn't say which is for what. The torque spec says: Would someone help me read this? Thanks...
  10. RunnerDuck

Brake Return Spring

Something doesn't look right when installing some new break pads on my S1. One of the return springs doesn't seem to fit right. The hook on the end of the spring will not hook in the hole like a regular hook, it's too long of distance from the edge of the spring to the hole. If I turn the...
  11. RunnerDuck

Series 1 Rebound Strap Fit

I'm having a heck of a time finishing the installation of the rebound straps on my S1 Alpine. After some effort I have them installed. The problem I'm having is mating the rear end to the springs. The rear end is all the way down against the strap. I have the springs jacked up until it's...
  12. RunnerDuck

Series 1 Battery

I've been searching the forum over and can't seem to find a recommended battery for my very stock, early, S1. It hasn't had a battery installed in 30 years and I don't have any idea what would be best. I don't want to open up a firestorm of manufactures but would like a good recommendation.
  13. RunnerDuck

SI Wiper Arm

I have this bogus wiper on my '60 SI and I'd like to find an nice original replacement. Anyone? Ken
  14. RunnerDuck

Vent Cap - The Scavenger Hunt Continues

OK All, Once again I'm stumped and this one should be simple. I have this vent cap that fits the oil filler tube on the valve cover but I have the nice little chrome one. So the question is does this even go on my SI? It looks like it came off my lawnmower As always, thanks, Ken
  15. RunnerDuck

Tubing - The Scavenger Hunt Continues

I found two more parts from my SI that I removed many years ago. They are two tubes and I don't know where they go. I don't find them in the Parts List. One had a rubber extension attached to it with fittings. The other has a small rubber tube slid on one end. Ideas, Ken
  16. RunnerDuck

Timing Chain Spacing

The adventure continues as I try to figure out how to put my SI back together. This question has to do with the spacing of the timing chain from the "block to the chain". I don't remember ever removing it but the pulleys don't seem to go on far enough and the damper pulley doesn't go on far...
  17. RunnerDuck

What Is This Part?

I am putting my 60 Alpine back together after 25+ years apart. I'm going through all the parts and I have most of them labeled. I came a cross this and I don't know what it is or where it goes. Any help would be appreciated, Ken
  18. RunnerDuck

1960 SI Engine Size

I have an early SI and I'm trying to figure out what size engine I have. The engine number is 1980628 built 5-31-60. Thanks, Ken
  19. RunnerDuck

S1 Brake Line Front To Rear

I'm putting new brake lines on my S1. I ordered a kit that has all the lines. My S1 has two lines with a junction in the middle going to the back. My kit doesn't have those two lines, instead it has one long line that should fit from the front to the back but bending it and getting it...
  20. RunnerDuck

Steering Box Lubricant (Again)

I really hate to pick a wound but after spending more time than I should on the forums I more confused than ever. I have an early SI and it's been sitting for a very long time. I emptied the lubricant from the box and want to refill it with something. That's where the confusion comes in. It's...