• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tubing - The Scavenger Hunt Continues

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
I found two more parts from my SI that I removed many years ago. They are two tubes and I don't know where they go. I don't find them in the Parts List.
One had a rubber extension attached to it with fittings.
The other has a small rubber tube slid on one end.

Ideas,

Ken

Attachments

• Tubing.jpg
    Tubing.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 65

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
The one with the rubber tube looks like a rear brake hose and pipe to a rear wheel cylinder.

Rick

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
The one with the rubber tube looks like a rear brake hose and pipe to a rear wheel cylinder.

Rick
Thanks but I don't think so. I've got all the tubing for my rear and front breaks. They were laying on a shelf near the intake manifold and carburetors.

Ken

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I found two more parts from my SI that I removed many years ago. They are two tubes and I don't know where they go. I don't find them in the Parts List.
One had a rubber extension attached to it with fittings.
The other has a small rubber tube slid on one end.

Ideas, Ken

The smaller diameter one is for connecting the distributor vacuum can to the vacuum port on the carburetor.

The larger one is for connecting the main oil gallery to the oil pressure gauge. Think you need more pieces to that puzzle for assembly.

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
The smaller diameter one is for connecting the distributor vacuum can to the vacuum port on the carburetor.

The larger one is for connecting the main oil gallery to the oil pressure gauge. Think you need more pieces to that puzzle for assembly.

Oh believe me Don, I've got more puzzle pieces than I know what to do with. Over the twenty five years of this project I've bought more stuff, some NOS. I don't know if I really needed them but I've got it and in some cases it just confuses the puzzle.

Just think about putting together a puzzle you started twenty five years ago and lost the box it came in. Also you discover you have more pieces than you need or perhaps not enough. Maybe the extra pieces are from an entirely different puzzle.

It is a fun adventure though, thanks to people like you. I really appreciate the input!

Ken

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Or when I did it, by the time I got to putting the parts on - that I bought from Victoria British - I found they were wrong or garbage and long past VB's return policy. So no complaints from me that they went out of business.