• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Unidentified Object

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
After being apart for 30 years I'm finally putting my S1 back together. I found a part that I can't identify or know where it goes. Hopefully one you you will recognize it.

Bracket.jpg

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Doesn't go on any Alpine I know of unless it's S1 specific. Looks more like a filing cabinet part.

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
Dan,
I'll see what I can do but it's pretty much what you see. It does have one sort of funny hole right at the edge of the top that you can see on the left end.

Thanks,

Ken

DaveSeries1

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm in the process of putting my S1 together now and haven't come across any part that resembles that one. Dave

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Was your S1 bone stock when you disassembled it? Only thing I can think of is it's maybe part of some sort of Trans support crossmember or somesuch for a different Trans?

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
Thanks All,

I'm starting to think that it doesn't go on my Sunbeam. I might be something from something else. I think, over the years it's possible that whatever it is got mixed into the pile of Sunbeam parts. Thanks a ton for checking.

Ken
Was your S1 bone stock when you disassembled it? Only thing I can think of is it's maybe part of some sort of Trans support crossmember or somesuch for a different Trans?
Yes, my Sunbeam is "Bone Stock" and I sort of remember taking that part off but too much water has run over this dam is thirty years.

Your thought was the same as mine thought. I thought it was some of trans support as well. Sine the car has not been out of the garage all that time I'd expect to see some mounting spots underneath but I don't see anything matching it.

Thanks,

Ken

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Definitely not Sunbeam Alpine. Looks more like something that goes with a tool stand, like a saw table or something.