• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What Is This Part?

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
I am putting my 60 Alpine back together after 25+ years apart. I'm going through all the parts and I have most of them labeled. I came a cross this and I don't know what it is or where it goes.

Any help would be appreciated,

Ken

Attachments

• Bail Clamp.jpg
    Bail Clamp.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 69

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
ALpine Starter dust shield by DanR     20210104_183802.jpg ALpine Starter dust shield by DanR     20210104_183725.jpg Please don't throw away!!!!

That is the retainer for the Starter dust shield. It bolts to the back of the bellhousing and holds the dust shield in place, keeping dirt/dust/road grime away from the starter spring, etc., etc.

It is rather rare to see an Alpine with the starter shield in place.

I sell the dust shields $25.

If you don't want the bolts and spring, I sure would like to have them....

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
View attachment 24677 View attachment 24678 Please don't throw away!!!!

That is the retainer for the Starter dust shield. It bolts to the back of the bellhousing and holds the dust shield in place, keeping dirt/dust/road grime away from the starter spring, etc., etc.

It is rather rare to see an Alpine with the starter shield in place.

I sell the dust shields $25.

If you don't want the bolts and spring, I sure would like to have them....

Thank you, and I would never toss anything until my car is fully back together.

I will sleep well tonight, thanks again,

Ken

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
Woops, not so fast! I just checked this part with my starter and it's a no go. It doesn't fit and there is no dust cover required. I think it's something else.

Attachments

• Starter.jpg
    Starter.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 28

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
mount the starter in position. Look at the back side of the bellhousing and you will see the starter bendix sticking out of the hole that the dust cover goes into.

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
Right again, thank you very, very much! It's just so hard when it's been apart so long.

Your exploded view is different than mine. What Parts List do you have? Mine is part number 600719 issued July 1959.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Right again, thank you very, very much! It's just so hard when it's been apart so long.

Your exploded view is different than mine. What Parts List do you have? Mine is part number 600719 issued July 1959.
I have worked on and owned several alpines. This is the first time I have ever seen one!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Gordon, As I said in my first post above, It is very rare to see an Alpine with one installed.

RunnerDuck

Donation Time
Mike, Yup, that's my parts only mine are still in like new condition :)

I did download the manual. I'm surprised my original 1959 manual does not show that exploded view. I think a lot of things went on with the early Alpines at the factory.

Anyhow I'm back on track. Thanks to all.

Ken