• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Duke

My 347 Demo.

Currently running a Holley 600 DP. Working on a 700 to swap out with the 600. So..with only 416 HP, my demo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suEoGJJ5faA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKpwmMufiOI
  2. Duke

347 anyone?

Follow the project here - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2034409&id=1402147496&l=33c2567b45
  3. Duke

Summit Racing Discount Code

Got this from the Summit Booth at the show. Good for 10% Code: ZD79007085 Expires: 3/10/11
  4. Duke

Aluminum Jewelry.......

My $1K heads are cleaned and ready...they really did only have 3K miles on them. I also got COMP Cams Pro Magnum Rocker Arms: 1.6:1 Chromemoly steel. AFR 185 heads: 58cc CC non emission The fun is getting closer!
  5. Duke

Winter Disk Brake Project coming along.

Winter Disc Brake Project coming along. I am using John Logan's article in Rootes Review, Vol. 33 No. 5. May 2007 for this conversion. I tell ya, 79-85 RX7 brake assemblies are not easy to find. I joined a RX7 forum and got these from a guy parting out his car. Do not use the online...
  6. Duke

Who is going to UNITED XXIX in Maine?

I will be heading out on Wednesday morning (0400) for the two day drive to Rockport. Who else is planning on attending?
  7. Duke

AutoMeter 8000 Cobra Tach

Thanks to Paul Breuhan (prbreuhan@hotmail.com), I am happy with the appearance and PERFECT function of the electronic AutoMeter Cobra 8000 RPM Tach. A very affordable option to all of the original tach problems. We ended up using a Alpine tach face, original needle and Paul's custom silk...
  8. Duke

Found a Alpine

I just got back from Pennsylvania and had a find while there. On hwy 443 between West Hanover and Fort Indiantown Gap I saw a row of MGBs in a field. On further inspection, I discovered a Alpine that can not be seen from the road. From the old google imagery photo, there were...
  9. Duke

Autometer Cobra 8000 Tach installed

Much Thanks to Paul R. Breuhan [prbreuhanAThotmailDOTcom] for his screening services, I now have an accurate 8000 tach in my Tiger. I used the original gauge's class, outer and inner bezel too. This takes about 1 hour worth on modification to the autometer's case. Now a question for you...
  10. Duke

Hub Pulling.................too easy.

So my right rear wheel bearing is making a hell of a noise. This means, I need to separate the hubs from the axles. I have been reading the horror stories for some time now about this task. With several weeks prep, I dug into it last week. I of course planned on replacing both wheel bearings...
  11. Duke

Look what is in my garage now.....

347 Cubic Inches of goodness. 1991 5.0 HO block Scat 9000 Crank Probe I beam rods (5.315) Probe SRS pistons flat top Clevite bearings 1/2" girdle with windage tray Trick Flow Stage 2 Hydraulic Roller Cam (Specs Duration at .050 Int - 224 Exh – 232 with Intake lift at .542 and exhaust at .563...
  12. Duke

I need a screw.................or two.....

Hello all of my Sunbeam friends, I learned so much at SUNI V. One of the things I learned was that I have the wrong hardware on the heater core access panel. I am looking for the original screws that have the semi circles stamped on the heads. I also am missing the four clips that...
  13. Duke

Proud Tiger owner

I am the proud owner of a SUNBEAM TIGER, TAC #739 !
  14. Duke

My new alt....welcome to the light side.

Thanks to Jim (B382000446) for selling me his unneeded Alt setup. Jim made the bracket himself. The Alt is a Denso 50A racing alt. The car seems to have come alive now...the blinkers blink with earnest, horns are loud, lights are bright, engine is happy. Staying with the gen...
  15. Duke

Exhaust system needed

Looking for some advice on a complete exhaust (downpipe-tailpipe) system for my stock Tiger. Any info on the SS system? Thanks!
  16. Duke

What was I thinking?cross country in a Tiger???.

What was I thinking…cross country in a Tiger………. ……………with a generator. I get up at 0350 on Thursday morning with a 740 mile trip to Round Rock, TX ahead of me. The Tiger had been extensively prepped for the trip to include a fresh pan of oil and pressure blead brakes. I even put...
  17. Duke

Caution?carburetor eye candy inside??

Caution…carburetor eye candy inside…… Engine compartment just about finished now, just need some repro wires. The infamous Paul Burke carburetor. Last carb I will ever need. It is currently jetted for the 260 but Paul can mod it for a 400+ HP 331 stroker in the...
  18. Duke

Look what I found -

Were on 56-57 Thunderbirds. A new reproduction - $33 shipped. Forget ebayers who are getting ~$60 for a 40+ year old part. Got to http://www.macsautoparts.com/ Select the Online Parts Search/Order button Select the Thunderbird 1955-66 catalog Search part number - B7A-12250-AR...
  19. Duke

Jim E, please clarify...

BLUF - not trying to start a fight here. Please keep it civil. My question is: can you quantify this statement? A Tiger with its original 260, 4 barrel, F4B manifold and a mild cam can easily make in the 200 HP area with more than that in torque. The Ford factory 260 that were installed...
  20. Duke

Thread title edit

Why do the edits to the thread title of my thread not take?