• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Proud Tiger owner

RootesRich

Donation Time
So beers are on you tonight???? ;)

Nice meeting you in person this afternoon and congrats on the TAC cert. Loved your AC unit btw.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Guys Guys

So were are the pictures of Sunni???
Did you all forget about us poor slops that could not make it?
We need to see through you pictures, since I am stuck in Oklahoma with a heat index of over 100, I am burning up here!
Did Steve make it from Texas he had to pass through the burning heat of Oklahoma, poor guy!

Donna
:D

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Stay in the shade!

Ahuu Shucks Steve you missed it also, well stay cool since us Southern folks are in the middle of a heat wave. Now if those at Sunni could post a few pictures, Please :D

Donna
:cool:

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi all:

550 round trip miles later I am back home for today, then back to Rapid City and SUNI things tomorrow. Like Duke, I had my '66 Tiger TAC'd. Many thanks to Tom Hall and others who reviewed/inspected my car. It now bears certificate number 0792.

The drive over was beautiful as was the return trip. My '76 Ford pickemup handles my 20 foot car hauler with the Tiger with ease.

Susan and I will leave early Wednesday morning and remain in Rapid City until Saturday morning. As of now I am not sure which Sunbeam we'll bring, but the Series IV automatic is getting serious consideration. It could use a long drive.:)

Duke

Donation Time
Must be an Alger. REAL Tigers don't have AC. :)

Where are the pics ????

My A/C consist of a medium sized cooler, sump pump, heater core, 10" electric fan, wire and some hose.

You fill the cooler with 20 lbs of ice, add water to submerge the pump, plug in the 12V adapter and then enjoy some really cold air that is created by air being forced through the heater core from the fan mounted on the inside side of the core.

Works great for about 1 1/2 hours.

Sorry, no pictures. My Army computer has the USP ports disabled for memory devices. I cannot down load any pictures from my camera until I get home.

coolcat

Donation Time
My A/C consist of a medium sized cooler, sump pump, heater core, 10" electric fan, wire and some hose.

You fill the cooler with 20 lbs of ice, add water to submerge the pump, plug in the 12V adapter and then enjoy some really cold air that is created by air being forced through the heater core from the fan mounted on the inside side of the core.

Works great for about 1 1/2 hours.

Sorry, no pictures. My Army computer has the USP ports disabled for memory devices. I cannot down load any pictures from my camera until I get home.

So where are you Duke I'm at Suni And want to see you. Ed Esslinger

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
So, are TAC numbers sequential, as in they did 50 of 'em this week? Or are they keyed to production numbers? Or your "application" sequence? Or is it a secret? :)

Congrats to you both... if that's the proper expression. Obviously you researched prior to purchase, but was there doubt in your mind? If the car didn't pass, would you track down the previous owner and "discuss" the matter?

And finally, did you see anyone "fail"?

Ken

Duke

Donation Time
So, are TAC numbers sequential, as in they did 50 of 'em this week? Or are they keyed to production numbers? Or your "application" sequence? Or is it a secret? :)

Congrats to you both... if that's the proper expression. Obviously you researched prior to purchase, but was there doubt in your mind? If the car didn't pass, would you track down the previous owner and "discuss" the matter?

And finally, did you see anyone "fail"?

Ken

1. Yes, they are sequential. The car TACed next to mine was 740.
2. I was 99% sure. I bought a Tiger in 1993 that turned out to be a fake, lesson learned.
3. No, I have heard of cars failing though.

Sownman

Donation Time
My Tiger which was badged and sold as an Alpine 260 was TAC'd Nov 2008 and passed getting number 695. I never had the slightest doubt.

The first Tigers I looked at when my search for a purchase began were at Heritage Classics in West Los Angeles in June 2008. They had a Mk1 and a Mk2 priced at $34K and $44K. The Mk1 is still there and still at the same price. It needs too much work for a price that high. The Mk2 is long gone, but it was an Alger. I wonder who bought it and if they know yet.

Steve

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Congrats to you both... if that's the proper expression. Obviously you researched prior to purchase, but was there doubt in your mind? Ken

I was confident when I purchased the Tiger that it was not a clone. I did some research and traced the history of the car. Since the car was a rolling chassis when I first viewed it, it was not difficult to identify some of the unique characteristics that are found only on Tigers.

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Ken:

Yes, to my knowledge all the TAC numbers are in sequential order. Duke's car was sitting right next to my Mk1A at the concours event and his happened to be TAC'd right before mine. Consequently, my TAC# is now 740. I can't speak as to Paul's TAC# but I don't think there were that many Tigers TAC'd. I'll be he just mis-typed his number in...I'm thinking may 742???

Take care,

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Holy crap...I just read the last sentence of my previous post and it looks like I was on drugs or something. What I meant to say was "I'll bet he just mis-typed his number in...I'm thinking maybe 742???

There, that's better,

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Ken:

Yes, to my knowledge all the TAC numbers are in sequential order. Duke's car was sitting right next to my Mk1A at the concours event and his happened to be TAC'd right before mine. Consequently, my TAC# is now 740. I can't speak as to Paul's TAC# but I don't think there were that many Tigers TAC'd. I'll be he just mis-typed his number in...I'm thinking may 742???

Take care,

Hi all:

I just rechecked my certificate and the number is 0792. My car was the last one TAC'd on Monday afternoon. Since the number is so much higher than the other cars TAC'd that day it appears that numbers are not necessarily assigned sequentially, but rather by the order in which a certificate is removed from the brief case. At any rate, my original post with the number 0792 was correct.:)

Duke

Donation Time
it appears that numbers are not necessarily assigned sequentially, but rather by the order in which a certificate is removed from the brief case.

Yea.....it was VERY windy and Tom was a scrabbling too keep the UBER SECRET brief case in check.

I can see that the certificates may have gotten shuffled.

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Paul:

Sorry for asuming that you had made a typo on your TAC #. Obviously, you are correct; the numbers are evidently not always assigned in sequence. Duke is right; the wind was making it rather difficult for Tom and the guys to keep control of the TAC certificates and they were probably just grabbing what they could get their hands on. As long as the TAC sticker under your dash matches the certificate, it won't matter, right?

Duke, I loved your comment about the "UBER SECRET" briefcase. I, too, kept wondering if you would have to turn the latches 90 degrees to open it, lest you get a face full of nerve gas. Hmmm...d'ya wonder if there are 50 gold sovereigns in the case, too, along with a flat throwing knife??? Tom is really missing the boat...he should introduce himself as "Hall...Tom Hall."

Watching too much James Bond in Oklahoma,