• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. moonstone SIV

CD Stromberg T piece

Greetings Sunbeamers, Seeking some feedback on the longevity, or lack thereof of the repro plastic T piece between the carbs on Alpine V and any of the Arrow based variants. I have items here sourced from Sunbeam Specialties and Speedy Spares UK. Given the moulding marks they appear to come...
  2. moonstone SIV

Oh.....my....goodness......

And I thought Tigers were getting expensive......:eek: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171787264072?item=171787264072&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true
  3. moonstone SIV

Repro horn ring

Chaps, Can anyone confirm the quality of the reproduction horn ring from Rootes Post Vintage in The Netherlands for me please? The seller assures me that it is identical to the original which appeals, since the casting of the alternate repro item is heavier to provide some strength but this...
  4. moonstone SIV

Black SIV in NJ.

Fellow Sunbeamers, Any comments on this poor old thing? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150849197569+&lgeo=1&viewitem=&vectorid=229466 Has anyone come across an Embassy Black SIV (rare in itself) before with black trim? Factory style red seat piping is evident...
  5. moonstone SIV

Hand painted Alpines

Sorry about the delay, disorganised as usual. Pics below of the grill aperture of an original SIV GT showing the artistic flair of our friends at Rootes circa 1964. You need to study the shots for a bit to work out what's what (kinda like those magic eye pages), but the areas shown below are...
  6. moonstone SIV

Ripe for restoration

Never mind the Tiger, or what's left of it, check out some of the other marques listed. Barn find? Ha! How about left in a field for 30 years to....mature. Enjoy...:eek: http://www.gullwingmotorcars.com/
  7. moonstone SIV

How does this happen.............

Usually I just have a bit of a chuckle when viewing such items but this one actually made me a bit sad. An IQ test should be a mandatory requirement before any vehicle is signed over to a new owner...
  8. moonstone SIV

Original equipment dampers

Well, after 18 months on axle stands during which time I performed a very leisurely O/D trans. swap and detailed under the bonnet, my SIV GT was finally set back on the garage floor. At this point I discovered that one of the front dampers had gone slightly soft so I removed them both to...
  9. moonstone SIV

In decent shape for it's age

Check this out, I was laughing so much I spilt my coffee................ http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/1987448202.html
  10. moonstone SIV

Fuel leak anyone.............

Can someone please clarify (John B. are you there?), how the nylon fuel line was originally joined to the carb. inlet on the Solex equipped SIV's? The parts book shows a tube described as a "coupling" (thanks Mr. Rootes, non specific as usual), which looks like a rubber tube without clamps or...
  11. moonstone SIV

Window Regulator Repair

Had a quick search of the forum but couldn't find any specific info. I want to repair the window regulator on my SIV, Alpine Westmidlands in the UK list the 3 wearing items (2 gears and a bush). Has anyone used their kit before, just wanted some idea of the quality and accuracy of the items...
  12. moonstone SIV

Two for the price of one.............?

My RHD export SIV GT has the original Solex carb. and barrel type filter housing. Fitted between the two is a moulded rubber duct which the parts book suggests is a one piece item. As you can see from the photos mine has a join with male and female halves which was previously bound with...
  13. moonstone SIV

Under hood wiring loom clips

Howdy guys, My Series IV has 4 spring steel clips which support the wiring loom on either side of the engine bay, (2 per side). I managed to break the tangs off 2 of them, but could really use a set of 4 just in case. Can anyone help with some s/h items, or alternately suggest where I...
  14. moonstone SIV

Girling Mk2a Servo End Plate

Howdy Guys, I'm after the plate fitted to the end of the vac. housing (secured by the 7 machine screws and square nuts) on a 5.5 inch Girling Mk2a servo. Mine is too badly pitted to re finish, if anyone has a tidy item please let me know. Thanks, Lance.
  15. moonstone SIV

Ran when parked...........

Any Mark type Hillman enthusiasts should check out possibly the worlds worst MkVII Drophead currently listed on ebay US (#290278608005). Looks like it might still have a good.......ummmm.......errrrrr....... actually no, perhaps not. :eek:
  16. moonstone SIV

Have you seen a Doctor-no just spots.......

Howdy Guys, Not sure if this topic has been covered, but i've been researching the ID marks that Rootes used to determine the diff ratios during assembly. So far it seems a splodge of paint was placed on the top of the casting just behind the pinion flange and on the 2 series IV Alpines...
  17. moonstone SIV

Anyone missing an engine???

Hello chaps, I recently retrieved a Series V Hillman sedan from an elderly couples backyard here in Melbourne, Aus. where it had sat unused for many years under a tree. Nearly every panel is rusty, trim is fried etc. but under the bonnet I discovered an engine (well, the block at least)...
  18. moonstone SIV

Yeee Haaaaa.....

Oh dear.......:eek: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com.au%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D300245559696%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=300245559696