• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oh.....my....goodness......

alpine_64

Donation Time
Its the series 3 that went to auction with a mid 30's guide... The car was discussed here and on the cat forum. Obviously price is beyond what most would consider top dollar for a non-history car.... Also many of the incorrect and personalised details were also discussed previously.... If the dealer bought it and are trying to flip it for a profit they will need a very fresh sunbeam buyer.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
If it weren´t a Gt, and you were going to do a convrsion on it, I would say it is a pretty good deal. To bring an Alpine to this condition would cost more than that. You could have a converted Alpine looking like that for about $15,000, which is a steal. Too bad it´s a GT though.

Jose

65beam

Donation Time
goodness

buy it for 10K and you have a nice personalized alpine. it would do well in judging for that class. there aren't many "factory correct" alpines left since the clubs that judge the cars allow changes for dependability. the value of alpines will continue to grow.

alpine_64

Donation Time
buy it for 10K and you have a nice personalized alpine. it would do well in judging for that class. there aren't many "factory correct" alpines left since the clubs that judge the cars allow changes for dependability. the value of alpines will continue to grow.

Given it'd past 10k without hitting reserve that's not going to happen... Their buy it now price is over 40k.

Last time I checked interior trim, badges and detailing didn't effect dependability.

As mentioned in previous threads, it seems to be a nice solid car buy for some reason they didn't bother with sourcing the interior panels and just did an interior job that let's the car down.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I hadn´t noticed that the actual price they are asking for itis $40K. At that price, they are smoking the wrong stuff.

Jose

65beam

Donation Time
goodness

Michael,
I said you would have a nice "personalized" car. changes for dependability such as engine/ drive train are allowed . changes to the interior, trunk, etc are allowed in personalized. in stock class changes such as adding a down draft 32/36 weber will also allow a car to be in " stock " as will a few other changes. when there are a group of real nice cars that make it hard to judge the best in stock class is when they start comparing factory items such as carbs, gauges, interior, etc.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
It didn't sell - reserve not met.

It looks sharp in black. Some people just don't care for gold cars - whatever floats your boat.

Mike

65beam

Donation Time
goodness

probably for the same reason someone would cut up a rust free series 3 GT to repair a series 4 ST. that's what they wanted to do.

Last edited: